windows 10 insider 14971 app doesn't launch

Options

latest 1P app for windows(family account) on Windows 10 Insider Preview 14971 doesn't even launch. It just starts(I can see it in task manager) and then dies without putting up a window

1Password Version: latest
Extension Version: none
OS Version: Windows 10 pro insider preview 14971
Sync Type: Family
Referrer: forum-search:windows 10 insider 14971 app doesn't launch

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@lrosenman: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the trouble! While obviously prerelease OS versions are not supported, were you having this issue with the previous build? I haven't seen reports like this previously, either with the stable version or earlier Insider releases. Alternatively, I wonder if the installation is simply damaged. Please remove it from Windows Settings > System > Apps & Features, and then install a fresh copy of the current version (it was just updated):

1Password downloads

I hope this helps. Let me know how it turns out! :)

• lrosenman
    lrosenman
    Community Member
    Options

UHC-82271-583 is an event viewer log. I hadn't tried on a previous release of Windows. See also the other thread.
    I've tried installing it a couple of times.

• lrosenman
    lrosenman
    Community Member
    Options
  • AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@lrosenman: Thanks! We can continue the conversation via email so we don't get things mixed up. We'll get back to you shortly!

ref: UHC-82271-583

• lrosenman
    lrosenman
    Community Member
    edited November 2016
    Options

per note in the other thread, renaming %LOCALAPPDATA%\1password\data clears the issue. You can close UHC-82271-583

• MikeT
    edited November 2016
    Options

Thank you for that, I've already closed it for you.

This discussion has been closed.