Chrome extension using 1Password.com account

Options

Earlier today, I migrated my data from 1Password for Windows (version 4.6.1.616) to the latest version of 1Password 6. I then migrated the data from 1Password 6 to my 1Password.com family account. I'm having two issues:
(1) In 1Password 6, I added a "TEST" secure note to see if it would sync to my 1Password.com account and it didn't (1Password 6 just shows one "Pending Changes". When I signed-in to my 1Password.com account, my "TEST" secure synced. Do I have to sign-in to my 1Password.com account every time so it syncs?
(2) When I use the Chrome extension, the data is still from 1Password for Windows 4.x. because its showing my folders which aren't supported in 1Password 6. How do I change the setting so it the extension uses the 1Password 6/1Password.com account data?

Additionally, what changes do I need to make to my iOS devices so they don't sync with Dropbox anymore and use my 1Password.com account data?

Thanks so much for your assistance!

1Password Version: 6.1.308
Extension Version: 4.6.2.90
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: 1Password.com
Referrer: forum-search:Chrome extension

Comments

• Hi @myoohoo,

Thanks for writing in.

When I signed-in to my 1Password.com account, my "TEST" secure synced. Do I have to sign-in to my 1Password.com account every time so it syncs?

Absolutely not, 1Password should be syncing everything in virtually real time. The Pending Changes does tell us something, it means that 1Password couldn't connect to our servers to sync or the server returned it saying it was rejected for a specific reason.

Does it happen consistently all the time when you create a new item or can you try creating a new Login item with fake data and see if it syncs without the Pending Changes showing up and can you wait a few seconds before checking on the web app, just in case.

Let me know how it turns out.

How do I change the setting so it the extension uses the 1Password 6/1Password.com account data?

The best way to fix this is to uninstall 1Password 4, which wouldn’t remove your 1Password 4 data but it ensures everything switches to 1Password 6. If you want, you can always reinstall 1Password 4 and resume with the existing data.

If you’re not yet comfortable uninstalling 1Password 4, there’s a way to force the extension to use 1Password 6's mini with this guide: https://support.1password.com/cs/use-both-windows-versions/

Additionally, what changes do I need to make to my iOS devices so they don't sync with Dropbox anymore and use my 1Password.com account data?

I would suggest backing up your 1Password data on the iOS device with this guide first.

Once you’re backed up, just delete the iOS app and download it again from the App Store, open 1Password and sign in to your 1Password account, your data should show up right away.

We’re working on an update to 1Password for iOS, so that you can just move over to the 1Password.com account without having to reinstall but we don’t have a timeframe on this.

I hope this helps.

• myoohoo
    myoohoo
    Community Member
    Options

MikeT,

I was able to resolve all the issues. Thanks for your detailed and thorough reply.

• Hi @myoohoo,

You're absolutely welcome. If there is anything else we can do to help, please let us know.

This discussion has been closed.