my.1password.com account will not login - i can open my Vaults but it will not login

Options

Created an account, got emergency kit - been logged in several time - still able to log into 1Password6 on my windows 10 PC.
have copied the email address, signing key and used my Master Password
I have only just upgraded and must admit it all very confusing between the AgileBits account i had - the AgileBits forum account and now another 1password account - so if i have something wrong - let me know

Currently i can open my "Personal" vault so if i can export that and create a new account please let me know the steps....

1Password Version: 6.1.308d
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: WIn 10
Sync Type: 1password
Referrer: forum-search:my.1password.com account will not login

Comments

• Hi @Bones,

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

Can you clarify where you're trying to log in? It sounds like you are able to unlock 1Password and see your 1Password data, so I'm trying to understand where you can't log in. Is this on 1Password.com web app using Firefox / Chrome?

Are you having difficulties trying to get 1Password extension into your browser to automate the filling and submission of your 1Password data?

I have only just upgraded and must admit it all very confusing between the AgileBits account i had - the AgileBits forum account and now another 1password account - so if i have something wrong - let me know

You didn't do anything wrong, they're two separate services. The forum account is for the public support community here to get help with 1Password while the 1Password.com account is for accessing your 1Password data securely, they're not interlinked in any way.

• Bones
    Bones
    Community Member
    edited November 2016
    Options

Thanks Mike
    i can unlock 1Password and see my data - both in the Wiondows App and the Bowser extension - thats all good - except it does not auto submitt - but thats for later

I want to invite a family member - so i am trying to log into my.1password.com account - see pic (i left out the Acctkey but its the one extracted fron the windows app and is the same as the Emergencey Kit one...)

[screenshot removed by moderator]

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks Mike
    i can unlock 1Password and see my data - both in the Wiondows App and the Bowser extension - thats all good - except it does not auto submitt - but thats for later

@Bones: Ah, I feel silly for asking this, but are you using Chrome? It looks like it. There is a known issue with Autosubmit there. We're working on getting that fixed. I'm sorry for the trouble!

I want to invite a family member - so i am trying to log into my.1password.com account - see pic (i left out the Acctkey but its the one extracted fron the windows app and is the same as the Emergencey Kit one...)

I removed the screenshot since it contained your email address and this is a public forum.

If you just want to add a family member, you can do this from the admin console after logging into your account:

Add and remove members

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• Bones
    Bones
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Brenty - but thats a little bit the point
    I cannot login to the my.1password.com
    it is this i need to solve so i can send an invite.
    Just to be clear - i can loginto my vault with the Master Password - but not the my.1password.com

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Bones: Ah, I'm sorry I misunderstood. In your initial post you didn't mention that, and since you mentioned your Emergency Kit, I thought you'd use it to login. I'm also still wondering which browser version you're using, as Mike asked. Can you tell me what's preventing you from logging in? Some sort of error? Did you forget your Master Password? To be clear, you may have a different Master Password for the app if you initially set it up with a local vault, or later changed your password on the website.

(Un)fortunately AgileBits doesn't ever have either your Account Key or Master Password, as that wouldn't be very secure at all. The Master Password is chosen by you, and the Account Key is generated locally on your device. Neither is ever transmitted.

We don't have access to your data can't recover either of these for you, so I hope you're able to find your Emergency Kit, or have another authorized device where you can view your Account Key. Otherwise it will not be possible to login to your 1Password Account. However, please try the tips in this guide as they may help you gain access again:

https://support.1password.com/master-password/#recover-your-master-password

It simply will not work unless you're using the correct email address, Account Key, and Master Password. Please let me know what you find. I look forward to hearing back from you!

• Bones
    Bones
    Community Member
    Options

Brenty - thanks
    I do have the Account Key - as suggested i have that accessible (Emerg Kit & several devices - including the one on this W10 laptop). Browser is Chrome - latest i believe
    no "error" on login - just says Password incorrect - yet the MASTER PASSWORD i am using lets e into the 1Password app just fine so i know it is correct - hence the confusion.

So i read between the lines that i can have a Master Password for a vault - and Master Pasword for web sign in.
    If i have this correct

• i have attempted to delete the %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\1password folder - it says it is in use - i have shut down the 1Password Windows App, and the extension in Chrome. What else should i do to release this folder?
      • Also could i suggest the documentation around MASTER PASSWORD be reviewed - maybe use a full name to remove ambiguity - like Vault Master Password, my1Password Master Password - or Online Master Password
  • Hi @Bones,

Thanks for writing back.

Please do not delete anything, we didn't tell you to do this and you will lock yourself out of your 1Password data if you cannot sign into your 1Password account on the web.

First, it is a current limitation in 1Password 6 for Windows that it doesn't link the app password against your 1Password.com account's password. This will be fixed in the near future. The rest of 1Password apps does, that's why the docs doesn't mention this.

Second, don't use my.1Password.com in the web browser if you have a Families account. Based on your email address, I can see you have two separate 1Password.com accounts, an Individuals (my.1Password.com) and Families account (custom-family-name.1Password.com).

If you're trying to use the Families account, you must use the domain you've chosen during the setup and/or in the Emergency Kit (sign-in address). So, if you've chosen the example domain, you have to sign in on https://example.1Password.com.

To get more help, please email us at support+forums@agilebits.com with a link to this thread and your forum username included in the subject, so we can connect the email to this thread. Please email from the email account you've used to sign up for 1Password Families.

Let us know when you sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• Bones
    Bones
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry Mike - i must have mis interpreted the intent of " However, please try the tips in this guide as they may help you gain access again:

https://support.1password.com/master-password/#recover-your-master-password ".

Before i got your response i had - rebooted, removed the folder, created a new account, Created a new Vault, then reconnected to my DropBox copy of my Vault, copied all items pasted them to the New Vault, went to Teams in iPhone and used the QR code & "Families Account Master Password" to connect.... Seems OK now

Confusion came from the term "Master Password" being used for different items - Families Account, Personal Account, Vault(s).

Thanks for your help and sorry i did no wait a little longer. But all is good

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey, what's important is that all is well in the end! Thanks for following up. I'm glad to hear that you were able to get it setup. It can certainly be confusing if you'd setup multiple accounts and vaults, all with different Master Passwords! I'd say that the best way forward is to stick with this one. You should be all set, but we're here if you need us! :)

This discussion has been closed.