browser extension not communicating anymore

Options

My extensions stopped communicating with database, causing unending confusion as they still SEEMED to store the data and then I would return and no information for that site.
I followed your guides for this issue.. 1Password tells me it is up to date.. although I see on your site that you have new versions.
Please advise.
I do also have 1 Password on my android phone.
I am using the extensions only in Chrome.
thanks

1Password Version: 4.6.1.616
Extension Version: 3.9.21.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: DropBox
Referrer: forum-search:browser extension not communicating anymore

Comments

• mohamedosman
    mohamedosman
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @JBAnder,

It looks like you may be using an outdated version of the browser extension for chrome. The latest version for the extension is 4.6.2.90, you can install it here: https://agilebits.com/onepassword/extensions. Please install the updated extension, restart 1Password 4, and attempt to connect to chrome.

Let us know here if you're still having trouble after you update. There may be antivirus software or another extension in your browser that's interfering with 1Password.

• JBAnder
    JBAnder
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks.. that seems to work
    Too bad the extension facility on Chrome does not help with updating!
    Cheers

• mohamedosman
    mohamedosman
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @JBAnder, glad to hear things are working now!

Too bad the extension facility on Chrome does not help with updating!

Not sure what you mean by this. Is it a chrome problem, or something with the 1Password extension?

• JBAnder
    JBAnder
    Community Member
    Options

Hi. I don't really have a way of knowing if it is a missing part of the process for extensions on the part of Google or if agilebits missed providing something.. from a customer point of view it is just a missing piece. I guess you guys could at least add it to the help that comes up with the error.. it did tell me to check the need for an update on iPassword but did not address that the extension could be out of date. Silly me.. I expected a more automatic update process!! Anyway, just a thought.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@JBAnder: Indeed, I'm sorry for the inconvenience. Most browsers nowadays update themselves and extensions automatically. This is really nice, and Chrome is generally best at this. However, the flipside is that, as a user, once we've become accustomed to this (as opposed to manually installing new versions, as we used to do all the time), it's really confusing when it doesn't happen automatically. Unfortunately this isn't something 1Password (or other extensions) have any control over, but I've found that reinstalling Chrome can help get it back to normal.

This discussion has been closed.