Feature Request: Email Item w/login option

cmam
cmam
Community Member
edited November 2016 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hi, would be nice when creating a new Email item to have the option of adding in the Login item features, so you get the best of both items ( click on item in browser plug in or website in the app to Login as well have email account setting. All in one item instead of currently having to create two items.

Yes Email item has a line for a website, but its not a hyperlink entry for login.

just a thought,

CM

_1Password Version: 6.1.308d
_Extension Version: 6.1.308d
_OS Version: Windows

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@cmam: Only Login items support filling in the browser, so it's best to save as that if you'd like to use an item in the extension. It's definitely an interesting idea to combine traits of different items, and while that isn't something 1Password was designed for or could easily do, it's certainly something we can consider for a future version. Thanks for the feedback! :)

• cmam
    cmam
    Community Member

@brenty: Thanks for the reply. Certainly understandable that the Login item has a very specific function, perhaps to simplify my thought is to just add additional fields within the Login Item at the bottom to allow capturing the email setting for email logins. Perhaps just a simple button to expand the fields if someone choose to add that info in.

Basically if you have an email account you have a login, at the moment to save all the appropriate info you need to create two items,

Of course I have no idea how many people actually save there server/port/authentication info :) so I might just be a lone ranger on this one.

Thanks again for your reply, I'll let this thread rest. :)
    Cheers,

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@cmam: Well, I don't think you're the only one! But nowadays not a lot of email accounts are used exclusively without a web interface, so Login items make the most sense if that's a consideration. And you can add additional info to the Notes section, or create custom fields for it. I prefer the latter myself since it makes it easier to copy and paste a specific detail. Now, currently this will need to be done in the 1Password.com web interface, but we're working on an improved item editor for the new 1Password 6 Windows desktop app which will enable this there as well. Thanks for your feedback on this! :)

This discussion has been closed.