1Password 6 autobackup

beremour
beremour
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I moved from 1Password 4 to 1Password 6 on Windows 10 machines. And now I cant't find how to setup local "autobackup" feature (which was a big "plus" to owr wonderfull 1Password). These autobackups to local folder with history makes us feel more secure isnt it ?

1Password Version: 6.1.308d
Extension Version: 4.6.2.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• @beremour you are absolutely right, backups makes it more secure. 1Password 6 for Windows is meant for 1password.com accounts, backups are done automatically by 1password.com and you can see full history there. Windows app is getting item history soon.

However, 1Password 6 for Windows is not yet a replacement of 1Password 4 for Windows. 6th generation can not work with vaults stored in folders on your local system or Dropbox yet, this is something that is being worked on. Until it's ready, if you are using local vaults - you might prefer to stick to 1Password 4.

• beremour
    beremour
    Community Member

@SergeyTheAgile I've got it, thank you.... and as I've faced some more problems, I've moved back to version 4

• You are welcome @beremour :) Please share with problems you've faced (if you are a folder vault user I can imagine you are frustrated with inability to edit data), 1Password 6 is not based on 1Password 4 code, it's a complete rewrite and as we improve it, I'd love to know what trouble may prevent you from migrating to V6 in future.

This discussion has been closed.