I received a popup for a 1Password update. Is it legitimate?

Options

I didn't use the popup because I don't know if it really came from you, or is it a phish? Unfortunately I didn't write it down.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I received a popup for a 1Password update. Is it legitimate?

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @tedmorsetedmorse11,

Thank you for reaching out! Let's try to figure it out.

Firstly, could you please specify the version of 1Password you are using now? If it is 1Password 4, is it 4.6.1.616? This info can be found in Help > About 1Password.

It would also be really helpful, if you shared the screenshot of that update popup. Here is how you can take screenshot on different platforms. After that, you can attach this screenshot to your reply here:

But please conceal any sensitive information that could be there.

We will get to the bottom of this. Thanks in advance!

++
    Greg

• tedmorsetedmorse11
    Options

I couldn't find the version number. There is no "about password " I could find. I think I have version 4, but don't know any more than that. Sorry. Anyway I think you have answered my question about an
    update- there must not be be one.

I only got the pop up one time. It hasn't come back. I'm glad I went to your website before updating. I have some very valuable passwords in 1Password and don't want to expose them to some phishing hacker.

• Hi @tedmorsetedmorse11,

You don't see this:

If you don't have that, you may not be using 1Password 4.

You can check our entire changelog history here: https://app-updates.agilebits.com. The changelog for 1Password 4 is here, we've last shipped an update on Oct 6th, last month. Some users have 1Password configured to check for an update once a month and if you dismiss it, 1Password will keep prompting you about it on the next month.

This discussion has been closed.