Unable to log into 1Password due to not knowing my account

Options

Hi,

I downloaded the latest version of 1Password.
I created an account and and logged in.
I logged out, but can not log back in, due to not knowing my account.
I never received my account number.

Can you please delete my account so that I can create a new one.
Also, I have a license based 1Password and do not need a membership version.

Thank you

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@zhenya: You can delete your 1Password Account by logging into your profile and selecting "Permanently Delete Account" at the bottom.

However, it sounds like you may be trying to login with a 1Password Account, but you will only have one if you subscribe to 1Password Families (or Teams), or signed up for an individual subscription plan. Otherwise you won't have an Account Key or sign-in URL. Instead, if you choose "Use without an account" you can sync your data from another device or create a new vault.

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• zhenya
    zhenya
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty,

I can't log into my profile because it requires an account number.
    I got around the problem, by installing 1Password4 and upgrading to the latest 1Password6.
    This version of 1Password6 looks completely different from the one I downloaded from your website.

I still would like to delete my account, since in the future I will be setting up a 1Password Family and would like to be able to re-register.
    Can you please delete my account.

It looks like the bug is with your new subscription based model.
    If you create an account online, you will get an email with your account number.
    However, if you create an account via the 1Password app, you will not get your account number, but one will be created for you.

• Hi @zhenya,

Thanks for writing back.

We do apologize for the confusion, there's no account number involved here. I am going to assume you're referring to the account key, which is a special secret key in addition to your 1Password.com account password. This account key is only generated when you first sign up for an account on 1Password.com web site using the web browser, either Firefox or Chrome. This is never created in any 1Password app, you must first sign up on the web site, which will then generate a key locally of which you must save and print out, which we do tell you a few times during the sign-up process. The reason we do this is because no one beside you know this key, this key never leaves the original browser and if you reset the history in that browser, it is gone for good.

Did you save the emergency PDF file or try visiting https://my.1password.com in the original web browser you've used? If you try visiting the site in Firefox or Chrome, it may have your account key saved and you can try logging in. If you are successful, you can then delete the account there.

Account Keys are never emailed nor known by us, no one beside you know this key, you can consider this as your second password.

If you don't have the PDF file or none of your browsers have the account key, then in order to delete your account, please email us at support@agilebits.com from the original email address you've used to sign up with 1Password.com, so we can do a few verifications to ensure you own the account.

I got around the problem, by installing 1Password4 and upgrading to the latest 1Password6.

1Password 6 is not an upgrade to 1Password 4, both apps are not related to each other beside the name. I assume you've created a local vault in 1Password 4 and asked 1Password 6 to open that local vault, this is not related to 1Password.com nor the account key.

If you don't want to use 1Password.com, you should stick with 1Password 4 because 1Password 6 doesn't support local vaults completely yet.

• zhenya
    zhenya
    Community Member
    Options

@MikeT

Thank you Mike for the reply, I emailed support@agilebits.com to have my account deleted.

• You're welcome. We got the email and will reply to you as soon as possible.

ref: TQB-51966-848

This discussion has been closed.