I can't log in on windows 1password 6

I used to have a windows 4.6 account on a windows machine.

A few weeks ago I created a teams account. This works fine on my mac, on my iphone.
It still synced using dropbox to my windows machine.

As I had move a lot of passwords to shared vaults, I wanted to move on my windows machine also to the team version.

I installed 1password 6. I rebooted the machine.
When I launch 1password 6, he asks me a password. When I give me password I used to give in 1Password4.6, he rejects it.

When I launch 1password4, I can still use this password on this machine. (yet with the limited passwords synced through dropbox)

My guess is that 1 password somehow knows that teams is already enable and does not ask me where to find it or what is the team url or so, yet needs it to connect.
(as the support page says

>

Select “Sign in to your 1Password Account” on the welcome screen. If you’re using a proxy server, first select (Settings) and enter your proxy details.
In your browser, sign in to your account on 1Password.com.
Click your account name in the top right and choose Get the Apps.
Drag your QR code to the 1Password window.
Enter your Master Password and select “Sign in”.
Now you can use your 1Password account in the Windows app.

>

I never saw this welcome screen.

yves

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I can't log in, on a windows 1Password 6

Comments

• Hi @YvesHanoulle,

Thanks for writing in.

Just to be clear, you've installed 1Password 6 from this page: https://1password.com/downloads/, restart the computer and when you open it, it asks for the password right away?

Did you ever try 1Password 6 in the past? It is possible it's from an early install as uninstalling 1Password does not remove its database.

We do not automatically find anything when opening 1Password 6, it has no way of doing this.

Can you email us your 1Password diagnostics report from the Windows' logs, so we can see what's going on.

1. Click on the start button to search for Event Viewer, open it.
    2. On the left sidebar, expand Applications and Services Logs, 1Password should show up below here
    3. Right click on 1Password to select Save all events as and save it as 'logs.txt', set Save as Type to Text (tab delimited) (*.txt)
    4. Email that file to us at support+windows@agilebits.com and in the email, also include the link to this thread along with your forum username.

Let us know here when you've sent the email, so we can confirm we got it.

• YvesHanoulle
    YvesHanoulle
    Community Member
    edited December 2016

Mail is send.

For your reference, your support ID is [#YZD-12821-342]. Please include this ID in the subject of any followup emails so I can keep things organized for the carbon based lifeforms on my team.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2017

Hello @YvesHanoulle,

We found your email on our side and will get back to you soon. Thank you for the report! :+1:

ref: YZD-12821-342

• YvesHanoulle
    YvesHanoulle
    Community Member

thank you for the heads up

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I'm glad that Mohamed and greg were able to help you get things sorted out via email. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

• YvesHanoulle
    YvesHanoulle
    Community Member

:)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

;) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.