Member of Family account. Can't edit/add on Windows 10 linked to Dropbox, rest devices/systems okay

I am a member of Family account, haven't purchased it. Have 1Password installed on Apple devices and PCs, linked to Dropbox. Everything worked fine,
Recently moved to Windows 10 from windows 7 - it worked fine on it - on one of the devices and now I can't add/edit on that Windows 10 device, it looks like in read only mode.
Another question - how as a member of Family account do I sign to the 1Password account? Can I? How?
Thanks in advance

1Password Version: 6.1.308d
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:Member of Family account. Can't edit/add on Windows 10 linked to Dropbox, rest devices/systems okay

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hello @calcant2,

Thank you for using 1Password and reaching out! We really appreciate it! :+1:

If you are using a local vault synced via Dropbox, you don't have 1Password Families account. Most likely, you have a Families license, which is quite different from 1Password accounts. Please read this post on our forums about this difference:

The difference between a 1Password.com account and standalone license

As for 1Password 6 and local vaults – they are indeed supported in read-only mode at the moment. The full support for local vaults is coming to 1Password 6, but for now it is safe to use 1Password 4, if you are not planning to migrate to 1Password account.

I hope it helps. Feel free to raise more questions, there is a lot of new info to digest. :)

Thanks!

++
    Greg

• calcant2
    calcant2
    Community Member

Thanks a lot, Greg for the prompt reply.
    I took "wrong" version to install in a new Windows 10.

Best wishes

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

@calcan2: You are very welcome! :) Sorry for the confusion with that.

This discussion has been closed.