1Password 6 - Duplicate merging and removal

Options

Is there a feature to merge and/or delete duplicates on 1Password 6? I have a lot of duplicates that I don't really look forward to sorting through.

1Password Version: 6.1.308
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MikeT
    edited December 2016
    Options

Hi @nikrox,

Thanks for writing in.

Can you tell me how these duplicates came up; did you do an import from a different program or 1Password version, or were these duplicates created by 1Password during a sync attempt?

We do check for duplicates on the import process to avoid duplicates as much as we can but beside that, there isn't any duplicate tool you can use to clean up your database.

• drsusanj
    drsusanj
    Community Member
    Options

I am unable to delete duplicates, these were not imported but might have been on an earlier version of 1Password which was updated. Nevertheless i am willing to delete them one at a time, but they will not delete even with a select and drag to 1Password's trash bin. Please advise. This is so frustrating.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@drsusanj: Unfortunately without some basic information it's hard to say what might be going wrong and how we might right it! Please tell me the OS, 1Password, and device versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action:

Find your version

The more information you can give, the better. For instance, are you maybe having trouble removing "duplicates" because they're in a (read-only) local vault which you copied them from, so that you essentially have the same vault in the app twice? Let me know what you find!

This discussion has been closed.