Chrome extension menu items all overlap and difficult to read

Options

The extension is so overlapping as to be hard to read and use.

1Password Version: 4.6.1.1616
Extension Version: 4.6.2.90
OS Version: Windows 10.0.14393
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:chrome extension items overlap

Comments

• mohamedosman
    mohamedosman
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @mwvmathewson, thanks for writing in and including a screenshot.

That is very strange. How long has the extension been doing this?
    Can you try completely exiting 1Password 4 by going to your TaskManager and terminating 1Password (32 bit).
    Also, can you restart your PC?

• mwvmathewson
    mwvmathewson
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @mohamedosman, It has been like that for some time. It is on a client's machine (I recommended 1Password, and he otherwise loves it). I am remote from the machine currently and it is asleep so I can't get to it. I will try terminating the process as you suggest and restart the machine. It might not be today though.

• mohamedosman
    mohamedosman
    1Password Alumni
    Options

No worries @mwvmathewson, let us know once you get a chance.

• mwvmathewson
    mwvmathewson
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @mohamedosman , I have just been on to the client's machine to see if killing the process. This I did, then launched Chrome to see if it had solved the problem (I can't reboot it at the moment, but as machine frequently switched off I don't see it curing the problem). Below screenshot post kill and Chrome load.

This problem only occurs on 1Password, all other extensions draw themselves perfectly.

• MikeT
    edited December 2016
    Options

Hi @mwvmathewson,

This is a known issue with lack of Hi-DPI support for 1Password 4. This guide will explain how you can work around it and make it more usable: https://support.1password.com/cs/win-high-dpi/

This isn't an issue anymore in 1Password 6 but 1Password 6 is not yet an effective upgrade to 1Password 4.

• mwvmathewson
    mwvmathewson
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @MikeT, Thanks for the tip but it has not improved nor changed the appearance of the Chrome extension. Everything followed according to the steps in the article but still no improvement. Sorry!

• Hi @mwvmathewson,

I'm surprised to hear that, since in all cases we've seen this, the guide did resolve the issue once 1Password Helper restarts with the scaling disabled. Could it be a scaling issue with TeamViewer? We've seen issues that didn't appear locally but did via remote session app, which we can't work around because of Windows' handling of this.

Maybe try rebooting this time?

• mwvmathewson
    mwvmathewson
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @MikeT,

I am at the client site tomorrow and if I get a chance I will try it on his device without the overlay of TeamViewer and revert.

• MikeT
    edited December 2016
    Options

Please keep us informed and double check that the Agile1pAgent.exe file this scaling checked as this file is the one rendering the UI for the 1Password extensions.

• mwvmathewson
    mwvmathewson
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @MikeT,

On site this morning (GMT) and checked all settings as well as rebooting. Attached screenshots show settings as at present machine state. Machine is a DELL laptop, if any help.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mwvmathewson: That's really weird. Did you complete the final step (Help > Restart 1Password Helper)? Try restarting Windows, in case there's some issue with the display settings needing to update. When you change them, it requires a logout, but it's easy to dismiss that prompt and forget. Let me know if that helps!

• Hi @mwvmathewson,

One more thing, can you tell us what scaling / resolution the laptop is using, so we can try reproducing it. We've seen odd scaling issues like 150/175% causing it to ignore the display scaling setting.

• mwvmathewson
    mwvmathewson
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @brenty: All instructions followed and PC restarted but all to no effect.

Hi @MikeT: I will try to connect and get the settings and revert.

• Hi @mwvmathewson,

Can you email us the user's 1Password diagnostics report as well, it might give us some ideas. Here's the guide on how to generate the 1Password diagnostic report. Please email it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

This discussion has been closed.