1Password for Windows uneditable and not syncing

Options

I have just setup 1Password on Mac OS, iOS and Windows. I have created a Dropbox vault which is syncing across all of these devices. With this vault, I am able to edit and delete existing logins, add new logins and sync seamlessly between Mac OS and iOS. However, with the Windows instance, editing and deleting is disabled and syncing of changes made from the other devices is not occurring unless invoked manually through the "Accounts & Vaults" menu item. Is this functionality supported on Windows?

1Password Version: 6.1.308
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Matty279
    Matty279
    Community Member
    Options

Also I am not seeing a prompt to save new logins after login into websites while 1Password is running.

• Matty279
    Matty279
    Community Member
    Options

I see here that this is not supported on 1Password for Windows:

Is there a subscription that unlocks these features or is my only option to sync via 1Password's server?

If I choose the latter, how do I move or copy the data that I have previously created from Dropbox to 1Password?

1p.jpg 24.4K
  • Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @Matty279,

I am sorry for the confusion and the delay with the answer! Let me try to explain everything.

1Password 6 doesn't fully support local vaults yet (read-only mode at the moment). This is something that is coming to 1Password 6, but I don't have any timeframe for it.

If you choose to use 1Password account, please check this guide on how your can migrate your data:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

If you are planning to use a local vault and not 1Password account, you should stick to 1Password 4 for the time being and sync your vault via Dropbox, as it is our cross-platform sync option.

I hope I was able to clarify this situation. Should you have any other questions, let us know. We are here to help!

Thank you!

++
    Greg

• Matty279
    Matty279
    Community Member
    Options

OK so I uninstalled 1Password 6 and installed 1Password 4 and it is working well. I am able to edit, add and delete logins which are now propagating to all of my other devices. I am confused as to how licensing/subscriptions work. If I click on the "Order Now!" link from 1Password 4 on Windows:

I get to this page:

Do I need to pay the single licence fee of $64.99 and pay an upgrade fee when I upgrade my Windows instance to v6?

Is there a separate licence for my Mac OS and iOS instances or do I just need to purchase a subscription as per the sign-up page?

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Matty279:

1Password 4 doesn't support 1Password accounts and you need a standalone license in order to use it. Here, take a look at the difference:

The difference between a 1Password.com account and standalone license

If you have already purchased 1Password for your Mac, please send us an email with a proof of purchase to support@agilebits.com and we will see what we can do for you. :) Thanks in advance!

Please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

Looking forward to your email! :+1:

++
    Greg

• Matty279
    Matty279
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Greg, I have only just started trialing 1Password and have decided that I want to adopt it as my password manager of choice. So I haven't paid anything yet. I have installed 1Password 4 on my Windows machines and 1Password 6 on my Mac OS and iOS devices. This structure is achieving what I want which is to sync across all my devices via Dropbox. Add/Edit/Delete functionality is available for my Dropbox vault on all devices.

What should I do in terms of licensing? Should I click on the "Order Now!" button which is shown on the 1Password 4 for Windows startup screen and purchase a standalone license? If so, will I be required to purchase another license to upgrade to 1Password 6 on my Windows devices when Add/Edit/Delete functionality for Dropbox vaults is added to 1Password 6 for Windows?

• Hi @Matty279,

What should I do in terms of licensing? Should I click on the "Order Now!" button which is shown on the 1Password 4 for Windows startup screen and purchase a standalone license?

Yes, if you like the current local vault setup with Dropbox, you should buy the standalone license that'll cover all of your PCs and Macs as long as you're the only 1Password user. You can find the local standalone store here: https://agilebits.com/store

If so, will I be required to purchase another license to upgrade to 1Password 6 on my Windows devices when Add/Edit/Delete functionality for Dropbox vaults is added to 1Password 6 for Windows?

Unfortunately, we don't know right now. What we can tell you is that you're buying a license for 1Password 4 for Windows + 1Password 6 for Mac. 1Password 6 for Windows may require an upgrade fee or it could be free. We haven't decided yet.

For 1Password.com accounts, all 1Password apps on all supported platforms and future upgrades are automatically included in your subscription fees and there are no licenses involved either. You just sign in to your 1Password account and it's handled automatically.

• Matty279
    Matty279
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Mike. This solution is working well for me and I have purchased a standalone license.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Matty279: You are very welcome! It's great that Mike chipped in and was able to help. :) If there is anything else we can help you with, please get in touch. We are here for you!

++
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.