Can't open 1password app but can open mini version 6.1.308d

Options

Hello,

I can't open the full version of the app for version 6.1.308d but I can open the mini and the browser plug in works. I thought the window was off screen but it is not. Also, uninstalled, reinstalled as well with same results. Using Windows 10 64Bit OS 32Gb Ram on a Intel i7 6700k 4.00Ghz processor.

Thank you,

Noel

1Password Version: 6.1.308d
Extension Version: 4.6.2.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Cloud

Comments

• mohamedosman
    mohamedosman
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @noelphx,

Can you try holding "Ctrl + Alt" while opening 1Password. It seems like the main app window may be restoring to a window location that isn't visible with your current setup. Please give that a try and let me know how it goes.

• noelphx
    noelphx
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the reply. I tried this now and it did not work. I thought that this may have been happening and tried the usual tricks to try and get it move back to the main screen (I have dual monitors as well) and none of the usual tricks worked.

• mohamedosman
    mohamedosman
    1Password Alumni
    Options

thanks for letting us know it worked out for you @noelphx! I think you can also "Shift + click" on the app in the toolbar and select "restore"

• noelphx
    noelphx
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @mohamedosman this trick did not work. Sorry for the confusion in the previous message.

• noelphx
    noelphx
    Community Member
    Options

The shift click does restore the mini app but the regular app never appears.

• mohamedosman
    mohamedosman
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm a little confused @noelphx. So pressing "Ctrl + Alt" while opening 1Password does not work? Can you pin 1Password to your toolbar and completely exit the app. Then try holding "Ctrl + Alt" and opening from the toolbar.

• noelphx
    noelphx
    Community Member
    Options

Just did that. Closed the program. Made sure it wasn't running in task manager. Pinned it and did what you asked. Program opens never appears on screen. Only mini version eventually shows up in icons by time. Click on that gives option to open mini or regular. Mini opens by time. Regular tries to open never appears on any screen.

• Hi @noelphx,

Can you email us your 1Password logs, so we can see what's going on. Here's how:

1. Click on the start button to search for Event Viewer, open it.
    2. On the left sidebar, expand Applications and Services Logs, 1Password should show up below here
    3. Right click on 1Password to select Save all events as and save it as 'logs.txt', set Save as Type to Text (tab delimited) (*.txt)
    4. Email that file to us at support+windows@agilebits.com and in the email, also include the link to this thread along with your forum username.

Let us know here when you've sent the email, so we can confirm we got it.

• noelphx
    noelphx
    Community Member
    Options

Hello @MikeT , I was able to resolve this by manually deleting the folder C:\username\AppData\Local\1Password\ folder after uninstalling the software, rebooting, then reinstalling. Apparently even after uninstalling the software was leaving behind data that was causing the software to keep the same issue.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @noelphx,

It seems that 1Password incorrectly created the database the first time, but after your actions the database was recreated. I am glad to hear you've sorted it out! :+1:

Please reach out to us anytime, we are always here for you. Thank you!

++
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.