Support for Opera 42 is available now with 1Password 4.6.617 update [1Password 6.2 soon as well]

Options
tkaz7
tkaz7
Community Member
edited December 2016 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I have two win 7 machines that run I run 1pw 4 one has opera 41 where 1 pw works and one has 42 where I removed and reinstalled the ext for it and it still doesnt work (tho icon looks right and is in browser). I looked in 1pw to update and it is up to date. I use opera almost all the time why is it not working? Its says 42 is stable. I run 1pw 4 thanks PS: the machine w/ 42 the one that works is wanting to update itself and I cant stop it so Im wanting to fig this out.
Incidentally does this mean if I wanted to try chrome it wouldnt work either? (opera builds on chrome from what I see) I usually hate actual chrome tho' . thanks again.

_1Password Version: 4
_Extension Version: 4.6.2.90
_OS Version: win 7
_Sync Type: ?

Comments

• tkaz7
    tkaz7
    Community Member
    Options

It is also randomly on all browsers not filling in my email addy just pw....annoying?

• mattdistro
    mattdistro
    Community Member
    edited December 2016
    Options

Having issues with Opera 42 as well.

1Password log reports:

Refusing helper connection from ""C:\Program Files (x86)\Opera\42.0.2393.85\opera.exe"" from port 58941 and origin chrome-extension://fpnbobholfpcolmkinlokiaaanjilcop, because of untrusted publisher.

• Hi guys,

Thanks for reporting this.

Opera has changed their code signature for version 42, which trips our code signature check and blocks it from connecting to 1Password Helper.

If you really need to use Opera 42 and can verify it is safe to use, you can disable the code signature check via the Help Menu > Advanced > Verify web browser code signature in 1Password 4.

In 1Password 6, the latest beta update has support for the newer code signature already. We'll add this to 1Password 4 as soon as possible.

• tkaz7
    tkaz7
    Community Member
    Options

thank you MikeT, Im not locating the settings you mentioned but hope this fix is soon :) And thanks to mattdistro so I know its not just me.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@tkaz7: Here is how you can find those settings in 1Password 4:

I hope it helps. Please let us know if it helps. Thank you!

++
    Greg

• tkaz7
    tkaz7
    Community Member
    edited December 2016
    Options

Thanks Greg :) I really appreciated it. You clarified it for me I had thought they meant opera help not 1p. Thank you so much!!! :) Ok so if I untick that then it does it for all browsers? Exactly what part of it is unsecure? How will I know when its fixed and I can tick it again? thanks so much.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@tkaz7: This has 1Password check the code signature of the browser, to verify that it matches the known signature (and is therefore legitimate). Disabling it turns it off for all browsers, and is risky since 1Password could not then tell if you were using an impostor browser. I'd recommend using another browser in the mean time (Chrome, Firefox, Brave, etc.), but Mike and Greg just wanted to make sure you had a workaround if you absolutely must use Opera in the mean time.

• tkaz7
    tkaz7
    Community Member
    Options

brenty thanks got it :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Any time! We're here if you need anything else. :)

• DarkStar
    DarkStar
    Community Member
    Options

The helper stopped working in Opera 42. For me, it is not fixed. The symptom is that when I hit Ctrl+\, the 1P helper does not fill the login form (any website) and instead brings up the menu to search for items. It looks like it can't match the current website URL, even though it's the same as in 1P database.

Works in Chrome, though.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@DarkStar: Make sure that Opera isn't showing any updates pending, and then restart Windows. Let me know how it turns out!

• DarkStar
    DarkStar
    Community Member
    Options

I restarted several times since I noticed the issue for the first time (that was a few days ago). I have the latest stable version of Opera (42.0.2393.94).

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@DarkStar: I'm not able to reproduce that here. Unfortunately without some basic information it's hard to say what might be going wrong in your case. Please tell me the OS, 1Password, and extension versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action:

Find your version

The more information you can give, the better. For instance, can you give an example URL? Thanks in advance! :)

• MikeT
    edited December 2016
    Options

We've just shipped the 1Password 4 update that includes support for Opera 42 now, please give it a try and make sure to turn the Verify web browser code signature on.

1Password 6.2 is coming soon with the same support.

• DarkStar
    DarkStar
    Community Member
    Options

Looks like it fixed it. Thanks. :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Just wanted to follow up here to let everyone know that 1Password 6.2 is also available to every in the stable channel now with the updated Opera signature (and a lot more!) Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.