Extra Passwords going missing

Options

This is the 2nd time this has happened to me. I create a new password for (this time) my banking login on my phone. It is just a passcode and not link to a page so I stored it in 1Password in the same login but as a new login field. (type: unknown, designation: none) I see the item saved. It is there in the list. And then I go back to it a day or two later and it is gone.

This is extremely frustrating as I then have to remove the banking app and start from scratch. What am I doing wrong? why is it disappearing?

Thanks,
Joe

1Password Version: 4.6.1.616
Extension Version: 4.6.2.90
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: DropBox
Referrer: forum-search:missing

Comments

• mohamedosman
    mohamedosman
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @Josyban, sorry for the trouble you're having with this.

It's still not clear why this could be happening and we need to dig a little deeper to find out what's wrong.

Are you using your phone to add new logins to your account?
    Are the logins missing from the same device you added them on (phone/pc)?
    Can you try adding a new item on your phone and can you confirm that it shows up on your PC?

• Josyban
    Josyban
    Community Member
    edited February 2017
    Options

Are you using your phone to add new logins to your account?

No my computer. It is just for an app on my phone.

Are the logins missing from the same device you added them on (phone/pc)?

They are missing from all (I use dropbox to link all devices)

Can you try adding a new item on your phone and can you confirm that it shows up on your PC?

I am adding the new Item in the full application on my computer

• MikeT
    edited February 2017
    Options

Hi @JosyBan,

Thanks for writing back.

I think I know what happened. The very bottom table you see for the Login items are not for the item itself but for the 1Password extension to fill into the website. That's not how you create a custom password field to save the data.

Have you updated the Login item recently for your bank, like changing the password and letting 1Password update it for you? The reason I ask is that if you're changing passwords and letting 1Password update it, it will overwrite what you had before in that table.

To do this, click on the Add button on the bottom left to select Section.. and click on add below the custom section you've added, you can select the password field there.

The good news is that we've overhauled how this work in 1Password 6, to avoid these type of confusion.

This discussion has been closed.