Sync over WiFi between iPhone and Windows PC

Options

Hello,

So my basic problem is I have iPassword on my iPhone with a bunch of passwords and secure notes only on the iPhone. I had to reformat my computer and had to reinstall 1Password 4 onto my laptop. How do I get the 1Password vault from my iPhone onto my computer and start regularly syncing over WiFi? I would highly prefer not to have to create another Dropbox account or mess with iCloud and would avoid using these by re-creating all of the passwords and secure notes on my PC then sync to iPhone over WiFi but would like to know first if there is a way to get any information from my iPhone first. Also then going forward how do I regularly sync the data over WiFi? The problem I seem to have now is that the vaults on my PC and my iPhone are different and I was never presented with an option when installing 1Password 4 on my PC to open an existing vault over WiFi sync..

Please help, this is driving me crazy!!!!!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Karandash,

Thanks for writing in.

Yes, there is a way to do this. You have to create a new empty vault in 1Password 4 and then do a Wi-Fi sync to push the data from your iPhone to your PC.

Before you do anything, please back up your 1Password data on the iPhone with this guide.

After you're done, open 1Password 4 on the PC, select the I'm new to 1Password option and enter the same password you're using with 1Password on the iPhone.

Once your vault is unlocked, go to the File Menu > Wi-Fi Sync to start the Wi-Fi sync with your iPhone.

I hope this helps.

This discussion has been closed.