Uninstalling won't remove local data

Options

Hi,

I'm currently on a 1password Family plan as well as a team plan. My accounts should simply sync up via agilebits servers. I installed 1password 6 on my windows 7 computer and after being able to use it for a few days, now it won't recognize my master password (but i can still access using other devices). makes me think it's a local pc issue. uninstalled and reinstalled. but it keeps asking me for my "master password" and won't give me any options to link up any other account. so now it's like 1password is bricked on this pc, regardless of uninstalling and reinstalling.

couldn't find any residual files left behind. please help.

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @FunkyMoneky,

Thanks for writing in.

Uninstalling 1Password does not remove its data, they're stored separately. In addition, unlocking is based on your local 1Password data, it wouldn't be fixed by reinstalling 1Password.

Did you try the master password of both accounts? 1Password 6 will use the first account or local vault you add to it, it may not match the order of other computer/device you use.

If you cannot get back in, you can move out the data like this:

1. Close 1Password if it is running by right-clicking on the 1Password icon in the notification area to select Exit.
    2. Open Windows File Explorer and enter %LOCALAPPDATA%\1Password\ in the address bar
    3. Rename the data folder to backup-data
    4. Open 1Password and try to sign in to the first account you want to sign in.

I hope that helps, please let us know.

• FunkyMoneky
    FunkyMoneky
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the quick reply. Being able to delete the data folder and reinstalling was what did the trick for me. Now I can just sign back into my accounts.

• That's great to hear and you're welcome.

This discussion has been closed.