I have vs. 3.8.22 on my MacBookPro and the app on my iPad. I now need to add 1Pass to iMac. How?

Options

I've been using 1Password on my MacBookPro and iPad Air. I now need to add my 1Pass application and files to an iMac. I can't figure out what is required and how to retain all my current files if I upgrade to a new SW version. What do I need to do?

1Password Version: 3.8.22
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.10.5
Sync Type: iCloud or ?
Referrer: forum-search:I have version 3.8.22 on my MacBookPro and the app on my iPad. The files are mirrored. I now need to add 1Password to my iMac and have the files on it as well. What do I need to do?

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2016
    Options

@dpenbuda: No problem! 1Password 6 can read you existing data from 1Password 3, whether you're using the Mac or iOS app.

If you're trying to upgrade 1Password for Mac, just download the latest version from the AgileBits website. It should automatically find your data, but if it doesn't, just open your existing vault (you can find the location in 1Password 3 Preferences > General).

In order to upgrade 1Password for iOS, just get the latest version from the App Store, and when you open it, you can migrate your data from the old version.

However, you may want to consider a 1Password subscription, since it will give you access to all of the apps, the web interface, and does away with license management and sync configuration altogether — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data:

1Password.com

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.