I've tried all recommended ways to get my Account Key - no luck- apps aren't synching, can't log in

Options

My dropbox has not been synching my passwords across all my devices. I tried to log in to the website to figure it out, as usual, from multiple devices, but it is asking for an Account Key I was never given. This has never happened before. I have followed all the recommended steps and looked through all of my devices but I simply do not have an Account Key, nor any memory of ever receiving one.

Please advise. I use this app multiple times per day.

1Password Version: 3.8.22
Extension Version: 3.9.21.90
OS Version: OS X 10.10.5
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:I don't have an account key and can't login online even though my apps still work but arent synching

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@KrisDedLai: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! It sounds like you may be trying to login with a 1Password Account, but you will only have one if you subscribe to 1Password Families (or Teams), or signed up for an individual subscription plan. That’s the only way you’ll have an Account Key or Sign In URL, or be able to access your data through 1Password.com. Instead, you can use 1Password without an account you can sync your data from another device or create a new vault. I've resent your license information via email, so just follow the instructions there to register the app.

However, you may want to consider a 1Password subscription, since it will give you access to all of the apps, the web interface, and does away with license management and sync configuration altogether — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data:

1Password.com

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• KrisDedLai
    KrisDedLai
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, Ok I've downloaded the new licence to my laptop (but not my desktop of phone yet,) signed up for a subscription but now it is acting like I don't already have the app. I have hundreds of saved notes, passwords and credit cards in my app. There is NO WAY I'm manually entering all that in. I don't know why this has all stopped working after years. I paid $50 originally with the understanding I wouldn't need to pay more. I'm fine with a small fee for a subscription but nothing is working! Nothing is synching. I am not a tech genius and need very clear instructions about what to do.

• KrisDedLai
    KrisDedLai
    Community Member
    Options

PS is there any way we could just handle this with a phone call? I know it would save both of us lots of time.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@KrisDedLai: We are a small company, so we don't have a callcenter with "operators standing by"; and we've found it's simply easier to provide the instructions so you can follow them step by step when it's convenient for you. For example, it is impossible to receive a Diagnostics Report over the phone, and following steps at your own pace is a huge advantage of forum and email support.

But of course if you would prefer email support, you can email us instead: support+forum@agilebits.com It is the same team of people replying both here and via email, but if you prefer email, please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum username so that we can "connect the dots" and attach a Diagnostics Report. You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can quickly track down your email and ensure that it is dealt with quickly.

But I did want to answer your questions here right away as well, in case it helps you or anyone else:

It sounds like you purchased an old version of 1Password long ago. And while that license never expires and you're free to use it for as long as you wish, newer apps (and those for other platforms) are a separate purchase.

So, based on your comments, I think what happened is that you installed a newer version than the one you had a license for, and then you ended up signing up for a 1Password.com Account for the subscription service.

At this point, the simplest way to get the latest version registered and continue using your existing data will be to setup payment for your subscription (which will unfreeze your account), login to your 1Password.com Account in the app to unlock it, and migrate your data to your new account.

If you're still having trouble though, the best thing to do will be to generate a diagnostic report so we can get a clearer picture of your setup and offer specific instructions for you to take:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Please send it to support+forums@agilebits.com with a link to this discussion and your username in the email so we can 'connect the dots'. Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance! :)

This discussion has been closed.