Feature request to bybass Trash?

Options

I wonder if it would be possible to bypass Trash like in Windows? In Windows there is a command, Shift Delete which bypasses Trash when deleting items. Currently in 1Password 6, it's all or nothing when clearing trash.

1Password Version: 1P Win 6.1.308
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @wkleem,

Thanks for writing in with this suggestion.
    I can understand how this might be a handy feature in certain circumstances but with data as potentially sensitive and important, we don't want to risk people deleting it by accident and give them a chance to review the things they moved to the trash before deleting them completely.

Let us know if you have more feedback, we really appreciate your contributions to this forum.

Cheers,

Alex

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited December 2016
    Options

Hi @AlexHoffman,

I can understand the need for a safety net. However, as I pointed out earlier, the trash as currently implemented is an all or nothing approach. I hope 1Password can go back to at least 1Password 4.6 Win level of restoration and clearance.

• That is something we definitely aim for, @wkleem.

Cheers!

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Alex. Also, there is no current visual indicator of completion on anything. Like a status bar, for example, in 1Password 6.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wkleem: A status bar for what? Can you give an example?

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited December 2016
    Options

@brenty, for example, iOS when 1Password is syncing, there is an indication of the sync activity. In 1Password 6, everything is just static, without any indication whatsoever. 1password 6.6 in OS X has some sort of "status" indicator.

I didn't mean a bar when I should have said a progress indicator.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wkleem: Thank you for the suggestions! :chuffed:

We want 1Password for Windows to be great, we really do, but 1Password 6 for Windows is still young. We will definitely consider these improvements. :+1:

Thank you once again!

++
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.