Can't WiFi Sync with New Computer

Options

I switched my primay computer to a Win10 desktop (with a WiFi card), and the core changes to my vault are now made on that. I cannot sync to my phone, however. I get an error that there is no WLAN server running. Do I need to disconnect it from my old laptop? And if so, how?

1Password Version: 4.6.1.616
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win10
Sync Type: Home wireless network

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @Cthulhu_Calamari,

Thank you for getting in touch! :+1:

Have you launched WLAN Sync on your primary computer? In order to do that please go to 1Password 4 > File > WLAN Sync.... You will see a window like this:

After that you should follow these on-screen instructions and set up WLAN sync on your mobile device. If I am totally off the mark here and you have already tried that, please let me know. :)

Thank you!

++
    Greg

1.png 27.2K
  • Cthulhu_Calamari
    Cthulhu_Calamari
    Community Member
    Options

Yup, I've done that, but when my phone vault starts to sync the wheel spins a few times and then tells me that there's nothing to connect to. After I wrote that post I transferred the current vault to my old laptop via USB, and the phone connected to the laptop with no issues. I noticed in the "how to" guides that you can't sync to multiple computers on a network, but I couldn't find anything about specifying which computer you wanted to connect to, or how to "disconnect" from a regularly used computer.

I also thought that it might be because I often use a VPN on my main computer, but even with that disconnected I still get a "Discovery stopped for _1password4._tcp." message.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2017
    Options

@Cthulhu_Calamari: Thank you for the reply! That is strange.

Could you please check the following troubleshooting guide on our website:

If you're having trouble using the WLAN server

And see if it helps? If WLAN sync still doesn't work after all the steps there, please share a Diagnostics Report from your Windows PC. Here is how:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the reports, connect the dots, and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we get them, we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

++
    Greg

ref: PDL-47119-548

This discussion has been closed.