Your product has gotten worse and is just confusing to use. Does not work like it used to.

Options

I have been a paying customer of 1password since 2011 and in the last 2 years the product has just gotten worse and more confusing to use.

I purchased 1Password 4 license last year and since then the program never worked properly again. I'll list my problems in order:

1. The browser extension stopped saving passwords automatically, but at least it gave me the option of adding them manually.
  2. At some point this year I no longer had that option, instead I had to add them through the program/vault on my pc.
  3. I just changed pc's this year and when I went to download 1password I saw there were two options, 1password 6 and the standalone version 4. I went with 6 thinking it was the latest verision and since I have my vault on dropbox I was able to access my accounts but again I am not given the option to add password and realized that the 1password 6 app also does not allow me to add passwords.
  4. I downloaded 1p4 version, uninstalled and reinstalled the browser extension but again the browser extension DOES NOT ask me to save passwords, it doesn't even give me the option to add them. I must do this through the standalone version.

I was using a windows 7 pc and now using windows 10 with chrome browser.

I have checked settings, firewall, etc. and everything looks good there so please don't answer with something dumb like "download the latest update". I can call comcast if I want a "restart your modem" type answer.

I would like to know why this is happening, how to fix it and what are the differences between 1p6 and the standalone version 1p4?

Thank you.

1Password Version: 4.6.1.616
Extension Version: 4.6.2.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• Hello @wendy_orangeseed,

Thank you for contacting us and sharing your feedback. We truly appreciate it.
    We're very sorry to hear that you've been having a less than stellar experience with 1Password and that you feel the product has gotten worse over time. I can assure you that we keep working hard to make 1Password the best it can possibly be on Windows.

Let me address each of your points individually:

1. The browser extension stopped saving passwords automatically, but at least it gave me the option of adding them manually.

The first issue sounds like an issue with the particular site. The 1Password browser extension includes a number of algorithms and detection mechanisms to analyse a given website, determine where the fields it needs to save are, and what function those fields have.
    Depending on the site, this isn't always successful because every developer builds their site differently and sometimes doesn't adhere to common standards when creating the site.

In these cases, we'd be thankful for you to report the site to us so our developers can optimise 1Password for it.

1. At some point this year I no longer had that option, instead I had to add them through the program/vault on my pc.

That seems like an issue with either the 1Password browser extension itself, a malfunction in the browser, or outside interference. When clicking the extension button in your browser of choice, are you ever presented with a notification telling you that the 1Password Helper isn't connected?

Often issues like this are caused by errors in anti-malware software or by a proxy server or VPN mistakenly rerouting the communication that happens on your machine through outside servers.

Can you please tell us which anti-malware software you're running on your PC and whether you're using a proxy server or VPN?

1. I just changed pc's this year and when I went to download 1password I saw there were two options, 1password 6 and the standalone version 4. I went with 6 thinking it was the latest verision and since I have my vault on dropbox I was able to access my accounts but again I am not given the option to add password and realized that the 1password 6 app also does not allow me to add passwords.

1Password 6 is a new app that we built completely from scratch to eventually replace 1Password 4. This app still lacks a number of features you and other customers are expecting from 1Password on Windows. With its initial release, we've focused 1Password 6 on 1Password.com accounts and we're working on bringing full support for local vaults to the app as quickly as possible.

I'm glad to hear you've managed to reinstall 1Password 4 but I'm curious about the issues you're having with the extension.
    In addition to the information I've requested from you further above, I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Windows PC:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• wendy_orangeseed
    wendy_orangeseed
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your reply.
    I'll answer your questions:
    1. This has happened on multiple websites, including gmail and amazon. So I doubt that it's that.
    2. That message never appears this has also happened on 2 separate pc's. On my new pc it was happening before I installed my ESET anti-virus.

I sent the email to support+forum@agilebits.com with the diagnostics report on the 23rd. Never received an automated email back. Do I include the + in the name?

Thanks

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wendy_orangeseed: On behalf of Alex you are very welcome! :+1:

We found your email on our side and will answer you as soon as possible during this holiday season. Thank you and Happy Holidays! :)

This discussion has been closed.