Have 1PW Families successfully set up on all computers, EXCEPT a WIndows 7 Home Premium. Help?

Options

Hi,
After installing, uninstalling, then reinstalling the latest Windows Beta for 1PW Families on my Windows 7Home Premium machine, I am unable to get it to open.

I have tried manually entering our Account Key, Master PW, etc, .....that didn't work.
Then, I tried scanning the QR code via an image file....that didn't work.

Any ideas? I am successfully running our 1PW Family account on one Macbook Pro, one Windows 7 machine, and two iPhones.

Why won't it work on this Win 7 Home Premium machine?? Frustrating......

Thanks for any help, Mari

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @mdawley,

I am sorry to hear you bumped into troubles with 1Password 6! You did the right thing by contacting us. Let's see what happened.

First of all, could you specify what happens when you launch 1Password 6 on tour Win 7 Home machine? Describe your actions step by step and tell me what happens next. Thank you!

Also, please try to do the following:

1. Open Windows File Explorer and enter the following in the address bar: %LOCALAPPDATA%\1Password.
    2. Rename data folder to backup-data.
    3. Open 1Password.

Please give this a try and let us know how it goes. Thank you once again!

I will be looking forward to your reply!

++
    Greg

• mdawley
    mdawley
    Community Member
    Options

Hi-
    Sorry so long to respond to your suggestion! Have been out of town.

I still get the "Unable to sign in, please check details provided and your network connection." Any ideas??

Thanks for any help-

• Hi @mdawley,

Thanks for writing back. That sounds like you may have an anti-malware solution, firewall, VPN, or a proxy blocking 1Password from connecting to our servers. Can you tell us what anti-malware solution you're using and if you are using anything else like a proxy server?

• mdawley
    mdawley
    Community Member
    Options

Hi MikeT,
    I have McAfee Security Scan Plus. No proxy server.

Thanks!

• Hi @mdawley,

McAfee doesn't tend to block 1Password from connecting. Are you able to log into your 1Password Families site using Firefox or Chrome on that PC?

If yes, can you send us your 1Password logs from Windows' Event Viewer:

1. Click on the start button to search for Event Viewer, open it.
    2. On the left sidebar, expand Applications and Services Logs, 1Password should show up below here
    3. Right click on 1Password to select Save all events as and save it as 'logs.txt', set Save as Type to Text (tab delimited) (*.txt)
    4. Email that file to us at support+windowsbeta@agilebits.com and in the email, also include the link to this thread along with your forum username.

Let us know here when you've sent the email, so we can confirm we got it.

Thanks!

• mdawley
    mdawley
    Community Member
    Options

Hi MikeT,

Just tried logging in using Firefox. Get an error message: Cannot Sign in. Your email address, Account Key, or Master PW is incorrect.

I have carefully looked at all the info using my Emergency kit, but still no luck...any other ideas?

Thanks, Mari

• Hi @mdawley,

Did you recently change any of your 1Password.com credentials? Your Emergency Kit file can be outdated if you did change it.

Try opening 1Password on your Mac where it is still working and unlock it, go to the 1Password Menu > Preferences > Accounts, see if the data there matches your Emergency Kit data.

• mdawley
    mdawley
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, I was changing the Master PW until we got to one we preferred. So, most likely that is the problem.

However, I am having issues figuring out how to access the Emergency Kit for the people using the Shared Vault....I can see how to generate the Emergency Kit for "me" (ie the Family Organizer) but don't see how to generate the Emergency Kit for the people I have set up using the Shared vault (they have a different email, and of course different account key and Master PW).

As an administrator, I must somehow have a way to generate the Emergency Kit for them, but can't see how...

Thanks for your help!

• Hi @mdawley,

Yes, I was changing the Master PW until we got to one we preferred. So, most likely that is the problem.

Were you able to sign in with the previous password you were using before?

However, I am having issues figuring out how to access the Emergency Kit for the people using the Shared Vault....I can see how to generate the Emergency Kit for "me" (i.e. the Family Organizer) but don't see how to generate the Emergency Kit for the people I have set up using the Shared vault (they have a different email, and of course different account key and Master PW).

You cannot do this because each family member have their own credentials that you wouldn't have access to and once they set up their own account, they'll be asked to print out their own emergency kit file. If they lost the original file or didn't save it, they can sign in again to their 1Password account using Firefox or Chrome, click on their family name on top right to select My Profile to print out a new copy of the emergency kit. You can find out more here: https://support.1password.com/emergency-kit/

Just to clarify a few things; there is one 1Password Families plan that you've subscribed to, you have the main account as Family Organizer but each of the family members you invited onto the plan will get their own 1Password.com account. The only thing that all of the members will see in common with each other is the Shared vault. They put something in Shared, everyone sees it. However, each have their own credentials, their own private Personal vault that you cannot view and so on.

• mdawley
    mdawley
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the help and info.

I ended up doing an account recovery and basically starting "fresh"!

It is working fine now. Thanks again-

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of Mike you are very welcome, mdawley! :)

Please contact us if you have any questions, we will be happy to help. Thank you!

++
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.