Cant edit or add items in 1Password 6 [Local vaults are not fully supported yet]

Options
polyx
polyx
Community Member
edited December 2016 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I installed the new version 6 and it never asked me for license key and I cant seem to find where I can enter it. But the main problem is that I cant edit or add any items. I previously used version 4 and still do on most of my machines(all windows) syncing through dropbox. Am I missing something here?

1Password Version: 6.1.308d
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: windows 10 pro
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2016
    Options

Hello @polyx,

Thank you for getting in touch!

It seems that you are using a local vault in 1Password 6. Right now, local vaults in 1Password 6 are supported in read-only mode. We are building it from scratch and focused on our 1Password accounts at the moment. The full support for local vaults is coming to 1Password 6 for sure, but I don't have any dates for you. I hope for your understanding here.

If you are planning to use your local vault synced via Dropbox, it is safe to stick with 1Password 4 for the time being. However, if you want to use 1Password 6 now, you can sign up for 1Password account and then migrate your data from your local vault to your 1Password account.

1Password accounts have their own benefits, including automatic sync. You won't need to set up sync anymore, your encrypted vault will be stored on our servers and sync will happen automagically. :)

I hope it helps. I am sorry for the confusion. If you have any other questions about 1Password accounts or 1Password for Windows, let us know, we are here for you.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
    Greg

• polyx
    polyx
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, thank you for your answer, I dont want to use cloud sync since I have vault that is only local containing very sensitive info. One more question - is there a rss feed or some other way to receive updates about changelogs so I can keep an eye on when local vaults will be supported?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@polyx: To be completely clear, we don't actually have anyone's sensitive info. When you use 1Password, AgileBits never has access to your data, regardless of the setup you choose. Even with 1Password for Families, your data is encrypted on your device, so all the server ever ends up with is an encrypted blob. And since the Account Key is created locally, your Master Password is only known by you, and neither is ever transmitted, no one — including AgileBits — has the means to decrypt the data.

You can read more details on how all of this works in our white paper, and don't hesitate to ask any other questions you may have! :)

Apd personally, I use https://www.followthatpage.com to track website changes, but I know there are similar services out there as well. I hope this helps!

This discussion has been closed.