Chrome browser extension launches Welcome Screen

Options

Hi,
I recently migrated to a new Windows 10 computer (previously Windows 7). I installed 1Password 6 and can login and use the local program fine. I installed the browser extension for Chrome, however when I click the browser extension button it launches a Welcome screen with the options to open an existing 1Password vault, or restore 1Password vault from a backup, neither of which appear to be helpful for v6. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

1Password Version: 6.1.308d
Extension Version: 4.6.2.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1password 6 browser extension

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @gill133,

Thank you for getting in touch! :)

Do you still have 1Password 4 installed on your Windows PC? If so, please try to quit it via Task Manager, relaunch the browser, and then click on 1Password extension. Does it help?

If it doesn't, please share a screenshot of what you see when you click on the browser extension button. Here is how you can make screenshots on different platforms (please conceal any sensitive information that could be there). You can then attach that screenshot to your reply:

Thanks!

++
    Greg

• gill133
    gill133
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Greg,

I still had v4 installed - I've removed it now and everything works fine.

Thanks!

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@gill133: I am glad to hear I was able to help! :) You are very welcome!

Do not hesitate to reach out to us anytime, we are always here for you. Happy Holidays!

++
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.