I am unable to sign out of an account in 1Password 6 on my PC

Options

I currently have two accounts in my 1Password 6 for PC client. One is a new family account I have with my bf and it's fine. The other was a personal account I deactivated on 1password.com a week or so ago. After doing so my 1Password 6 PC client displays a red banner at bottom left reading [My Name] authentication error, please sign in again. If I click that banner, I am taken to the signin screen with the email and account key of the closed account.

I want to remove this account from my 1Password app. However when I go to settings icon > Accounts & Vaults > [My Name] > Sign out, nothing happens. I've uninstalled and reinstalled and it remembers both accounts. How can I simply purge the installation of all accounts and start over?

Thank you!

1Password Version: 1Password 6.1.308d
Extension Version: 4.6.2.90
OS Version: Windows 7 Enterprise Service Pack 1
Sync Type: 1Password
Referrer: forum-search:i can't sign out of an account

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @npasqua,

Thank you for reaching out and using 1Password Families! I hope you like it just as much as we do. :)

I am sorry for the situation. We will take a closer look at this case, but in the meantime, please try to do the following:

1. Open Windows File Explorer and enter the following in the address bar: %LOCALAPPDATA%\1Password
    2. Rename data folder to old-data
    3. Open 1Password and sign in with your Families account.

Please let me know if it helps. Thank you!

++
    Greg

• npasqua
    npasqua
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks so much, Greg. That did the trick. I really appreciate it!

• On behalf of Greg, you're welcome. We will fix the issue with the signing out process and updating the app's local database password when the primary account has been signed out.

This discussion has been closed.