1Password initial setup unresponsive when trying to unlock .opvault with Master Password

hejay
hejay
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I can't seem to unlock my .opvault that is synced to my Dropbox at the end of the initial setup on a new device. It can connect the app and allow permissions to access my Dropbox account, but when I select my listed .opvault and try to input my master password, it doesn't do anything. There is no feedback at all (i.e., it doesn't tell me that it's valid or invalid), instead it just acts like I didn't do anything. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Edit: I'd like to add that I tried to copy my .opvault to a local folder and had the same thing happen.

1Password Version: 6.2.333
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Hi @hejay,

Thanks for reporting this.

How large is your OPvault file? Can you email us the 1Password logs from Windows' Event Viewer:

1. Click on the start button to search for Event Viewer, open it.
    2. On the left sidebar, expand Applications and Services Logs, 1Password should show up below here
    3. Right click on 1Password to select Save all events as and save it as 'logs.txt', set Save as Type to Text (tab delimited) (*.txt)
    4. Email that file to us at support+windowsbeta@agilebits.com and in the email, also include the link to this thread along with your forum username.

Let us know here when you've sent the email, so we can confirm we got it.

This discussion has been closed.