Purchased 1pw on iOS and purchased on Mac - now have PC Win10

I have been using 1pw on my MacBook Air and iOS devices syncing to iCloud for sometime. I have purchased a Windows10 Surface device and connected to iCloud and downloaded 1password 6 for windows. I cannot seem to log in to 1pw 6 (don't know license key or master pw - oddly that pw isn't saved in my 1password) - and cannot find the vault file in iCloud from any of my devices - although I know it's there as I sync to it and get updates across my apple ecosystem. What do I need to do to add this new PC to my 1pw account syncing to my iCloud vault?

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hello @pburnett,

Thank you for writing in! I hope your weekend is going great. :)

First of all, Apple does not offer CloudKit support on Windows, so iCloud sync is not an option in 1Password 6 for Windows.

Secondly, if you are syncing your 1Password data via iCloud, it means that you have a local vault, not 1Password account. They are different:

The difference between a 1Password.com account and standalone license

If you are planning to add Windows PC to your setup, I would recommend you to sign up for 1Password account and then migrate your data from a local vault to your account. This way your encrypted vault will be stored on our servers and and will be accessible from any platform.

The cost of Individual account is $2.99 per month if paid annually and it includes all 1Password apps for all platforms (+ web-interface!). All future upgrades are also included in your subscription. There are no licenses to keep track of or sync options to set up — you simply download the apps from 1Password.com and sign in to your account, sync happens automatically.

I hope it helps. If you have more questions about anything, please let us know, we are here to help.

Happy Holidays to you and your family!

++
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.