Submitting login form with unsaved passwords prompts to save twice

dszp
dszp
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Over the past several builds (can't recall exactly when it started or if it was only private builds), when I submit a form where I'm prompted to save a new password, it is consistently popping up two identical Save Login dialog boxes on top of each other. Not sure where it's coming from, and it's not hurting anything but is a little annoying :-) I generated a Diagnostics file from the app after the most recent prompt (without saving in either box). Don't know if that would be useful here or not; if so let me know and I'll be happy to email it.

Additionally, I've noticed that I'm getting Save Password prompts on sites that I've excluded (and that has a valid password saved already), though this is less consistent and the URLs wouldn't match exactly (it's for editing password items in a business SaaS system behind a login--the full subdomain matches the exclusion but the exact URL would be different). I'm less worried about this though it seems to happen more and less sometimes.

1Password Version: 6.2.334d
Extension Version: 4.6.3.1
OS Version: Win 10 Pro
Sync Type: Families

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@dszp: If you're using a full URL for the exclusion, that may explain the discrepancy. 1Password 6 supports TLDs currently (e.g. google.com), so try that without the subdomain and let me know if that helps.

I just tried saving a new login at dropbox.com (I was there anyway), and I'm getting only a single save window. Can you give me an example URL in case that matters? That does sound pretty annoying, so hopefully we can track down the cause. Do you by any chance have more than one 1Password extension installed? :lol:

• dszp
    dszp
    Community Member
    edited December 2016

@brenty I have three exclusions set, all are hostnames only (raw, no prefixes, one per line). The issue is also happening at sites not in the exclusions list, just confirmed it's happening at a LAN IP administrative interface for a local device, just now. Just sent diagnostics in, the ID is [#WIT-89312-754]. It's happening at any page that pops up a save dialog, so the URL doesn't seem to matter--this one was https://131.107.0.11 (yes it's a public IP used as a LAN IP on a network, I'm working on fixing that today--it wasn't me :-) The fact that it's popping up for URLs also in the list of exclusions seems to be a separate issue.

And I'm unaware of multiple extensions installed; only one is listed in Chrome (the beta one), I've never installed the stable one on this installation of Windows and I've never installed 1Password 4 on this version of Windows, straight extension beta and 6 beta, nothing else (had to have system replaced a few months back, so all was fresh).

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@dszp: Ah, okay. I misunderstood. Thanks for clearing that up for me. While the exclusion non-exclusion is certainly another issue, getting duplicate save dialogs in any instance is unhelpful. I figured the duplicate extension thing was a long shot, but I figured it didn't hurt to check. We'll get to the bottom of this. ;)

ref: WIT-89312-754

• dszp
    dszp
    Community Member

@brenty For kicks and giggles, I removed the 1Password extension from Chrome and reinstalled it (still the beta). Re-authorized to 1Password and so far, it seems to be doing better. At least one save to one of the excluded addresses didn't prompt (though I didn't test extensively yet) and on a site that did, it only popped up once. No idea why it was misbehaving, but it was. Same version (4.6.3.1) of the extension reinstalled as I had originally. I'll post again if I notice duplicates or if it prompts to save on an excluded domain again, but for now let's hope that's the end of it!

• dszp
    dszp
    Community Member

@brenty Nope, both problems are back!

• Hi @dszp,

Let's move this to the email, so we can dig deeper into this issue.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member

@MikeT,

I've been noticing this issue and I'm on 1Password v6.2.333d and 1Password Extension v4.6.3.1. I haven't excluded any sites.

• Hi @wkleem,

Please send in your diagnostics report as well. Use this guide to generate the report and email it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member

Support ID : [#XBS-51757-354]

• Thanks, we have the email and will reply to it as soon as possible.

ref: XBS-51757-354

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member

@MikeT,

Would it be possible to share the findings?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

We've been able to reproduce it so hopefully we'll have a fix shortly. :)

• Hi @wkleem,

Nothing new to share yet at the moment, it will be investigated after the new year. We suspect this may be a bug in the extension's Brain update that we've included in the 6.2.333d version. We've found that it is more likely to occur after canceling or saving the first auto-save dialog and any auto-save dialogs after that appears to show up twice.

• MikeT
    edited January 2017

Hi @dszp / @wkleem ,

Just an update on this, this is a bug in the latest 1Password extension 4.6.3 betas. This has been fixed internally and will be available in the next extension beta update.

• whateverworks
    whateverworks
    Community Member

I'd love to get this update.

• Hi @whateverworks,

We're still working on the next beta update for the extension. If you need this fixed now, uninstall the beta version of the 1Password extension and switch to the stable version here: http://www.agilebits.com/browsers/index.html

• dszp
    dszp
    Community Member

Thanks @MikeT, I didn't make it back here to post but I did downgrade to the stable extension and the problem went away, yay :-)

• I'm glad to hear that, thanks for updating the thread. We should have an update soon, just a lot of testings right now for unrelated features.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited January 2017

Hi

An update for the double login issue. I haven't gone back to the stable release. I tried and sometimes multiples of two would appear. I.e. I would get 2,4,6 etc. I haven't gotten more than 6 logins. I did find that if I had even saved the login manually, on the first attempt the login would not hold any password or userid.

To be sure, I would cancel and start over.

• Hi @wkleem,

This is a confirmed bug in the beta version of the 1Password extension, it's not an issue in 1Password 6 itself. The extension team has fixed it internally already and will ship the next beta update as soon as possible, just need to finish some internal testings.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member

Thanks @MikeT.

• You're welcome.

I'll follow up as soon as the beta update is ready, so you guys can give it a try.

• MikeT
    edited February 2017

Sorry, I just saw this thread linked from other one, this has been released already as part of the 1Password extension 4.6.3 stable update, which is the same as 4.6.3 beta 3 update.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member

The 1Password Extension v4.6.3.3 has been updated and now works as it should.

Thanks.

• That's great to hear, thanks for confirming it for us.

This discussion has been closed.