Moving from v4 to v6 - a few questions

DaveRo
DaveRo
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I converted my local valult (from v4 that was syncing with Dropbox) to a vault in Teams. A few questions

1. no attachments moved over. I understand attachments are available in v6. Do they convert from v4 and become documents or do I have drag and drop all the attachments from a local disk to 1p v6?
  2. On my ipad, there's a personal vault that syncs with dropbox... can I remove the vault from the ipad and stop the dropbox syncing?

Thanks
Dave

1Password Version: 6.2
Extension Version: 333d
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Team

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I converted my local valult (from v4 that was syncing with Dropbox) to a vault in Teams. A few questions

@DaveRo: Great! I'm glad to hear it, and that's what we're here for. :chuffed:

no attachments moved over. I understand attachments are available in v6. Do they convert from v4 and become documents or do I have drag and drop all the attachments from a local disk to 1p v6?

Unfortunately we don't have a way to automate migrating attachments to Documents yet, so you'll need to add them manually. There's a bit of a silver lining though. While it isn't as easy as we'd like, if you choose "+ New Item" and select "Import files as Documents" at the bottom, you can batch-import all of them at once.

On my ipad, there's a personal vault that syncs with dropbox... can I remove the vault from the ipad and stop the dropbox syncing?

Once all of your data is in your 1Password Teams account, that's probably a good idea to avoid confusion going forward. While there isn't a way to simply delete the Primary vault in 1Password for iOS, you can reinstall the app and set it up with your 1Password Account from the start.

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• DaveRo
    DaveRo
    Community Member

Thanks for the clarification and help

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Any time! We're here if you need anything else! :chuffed:

• DaveRo
    DaveRo
    Community Member

Everything moved over nicely! The browser extensions with chrome are working. However, internet explorer browser extensions are not working (I.e control). Where can I find them or is it a preference setting in 1p?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@DaveRo: Great! I'm glad to hear that you were able to get everyone setup! And I'm sorry for the confusion there! The new 1Password 6 Windows desktop app does not support Internet Explorer, as it isn't compatible with the extensions were using for other browsers. We're also focused on supporting browsers that are under active development, and Microsoft has discontinued IE in favour of Edge. We're working with them to get the APIs we need to support Edge directly, and in the mean time Chrome, Opera, and Firefox are already officially supported.

• DaveRo
    DaveRo
    Community Member

that makes sense... thanks.

• On behalf of Brenty, you're welcome.

This discussion has been closed.