UI suggestion

Options
dwk
dwk
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hi,

I'm trying out the latest version 6.2.333 and the new item editor is a welcome edition. But at first it was quite confusing to use.

As you can see from the picture above, missing tag while typing in a new item made me quite confusing. Perhaps this could be resolved by adding the missing tag.

Aside from the suggestion, I have a very unusual question.

Let's imagine person A and B. Person A has never changed his master password. Person B on the ohter hand changed his master password quite a few times. Assuming A and B both have a very strong master password, is A's valut more secure than B's by any means ?

The reason I'm asking this is because I read a post from one of the AgileBits members and it said 'the best thing to do is to have a very strong master password to begin with and stick to it'. Till now, if I wanted to change my master password I made a new vault instead of changing the master password of the current vault I was using. I'm currently using OPvault.

1Password Version: 6.2.333
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• dwk
    dwk
    Community Member
    Options

The question regarding master password is based on 1Password 4 not 6.

• @dwk thanks for letting us know that new URL field is missing label placeholder, fix is coming with next beta update and it looks like this:

As for master password - the reason to have strong master password is to avoid brute force attack. Imagine simple master password "123456" - it does not matter how good encryption is when it's easy to try one of well known weak passwords to decrypt. If you have strong master password, then you need to update it only when you have reasons to suspect someone learned of it.

• dwk
    dwk
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the great work !

Happy New Year AgileBits :)

• On behalf of the team here, you're welcome and Happy New Year to you and your family.

This discussion has been closed.