Conflict between v4 and v6 and trouble synching.

Options

I'm new to 1Password and want to have a synched experience between my iPhone and Windows PC.

I started by installing on my iPhone. I then installed the v4 TRIAL software for Windows (seemed to be the option I was given) which pushed me into setting up a local vault which isn't what I need I don't think. I then installed v6 which has effectively synched with my iPhone. However, the Chrome extension on Windows continues to refer to v4 and the local vault. I've tried to uninstall v4 without success, apparently the programme is running yet there are no tasks to cancel in the task manager.

Can you help?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Conflict between v4 and v6 and trouble synching.

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @WilliamJMB,

Thank you for reaching out to us in 2017! :) I am sorry for the troubles with 1Password on your Windows machine.

Could you please try to uninstall 1Password 4 using this guide from our website:

How to uninstall 1Password 1Password 4

And then link 1Password 6 with the browser extension? When you open 1Password 6, register the Browser Extension Helper when asked. If 1Password doesn’t ask you:

1) Open and unlock 1Password 6, then select the gear icon (Settings) > Options, or press Ctrl+T.
    2) Click Browser, then click Register Browser Helper.

Hopefully, you should be all set after that. Please let me know how it goes. I will be looking forward to your reply!

Cheers,
    Greg

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Unfortunately, Greg, with 1Password being a Long way from being feature complete, I would not suggest uninstalling 1Password 4 for Windows at this point. What I do is use Task Manager to kill the process Agile1PAgent(32bit).

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wkleem: You've got a point here, but I was trying to avoid a further confusion. It is hard to juggle two apps at once if you are not prepared. :) Let's wait for William to get back to us and see if he was successful.

Thank you for the heads-up, really appreciate it!

++
    Greg

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

No problem @Greg. Also, as you know, 1Password 6 for Windows is currently read only for local vaults. Just thought I would bring that up too since we are dealing with 1Password 4 and 6! :).

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Totally! It's a bit confusing currently, so we're working hard and looking forward to getting 1Password 6 ready for everyone. :blush:

This discussion has been closed.