1 Password for Families on Windows 10

Options

I am very confused about the state of support for 1 Password for Families on Windows 10.

I use 1 Password 6 with Dropbox sync on macOS and iOS and love it. I would like to move my family to 1Password for Families but I am confused about the state of support for Windows 10. My wife uses Windows 10 and iOS and this will need to be a good experience for her as she is somewhat resistant to using a password manager at all.

It looks like 1Password for Families on Windows 10 is only supported by 1 Password 6 which is in beta. Is 1Password 6 for Families working well enough on Windows 10 that she will have a good experience if I put her on it?

Also, the state of browser plugin support on 1 Password 6 for Families under Windows 10 is unclear. Are the working plugins for 1 Password 6 on Windows 10 for Chrome, Firefox, IE, and Edge?

Should I just wait for 1 Password 6 for Windows 10 to come out of beta? When is it expected to release?

Thank you,
Victor

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @vlewis,

Thank you for taking time to contact us! I am sorry for the confusion. Hopefully, I will be able to clarify the situation below.

It looks like 1Password for Families on Windows 10 is only supported by 1 Password 6 which is in beta. Is 1Password 6 for Families working well enough on Windows 10 that she will have a good experience if I put her on it?

1Password 6 for Windows went out of beta in October last year (feels like 2016 was just yesterday) and we had a post in our blog with this announcement. It is still under active development and we have a long road ahead of us, but it is getting better every day.

At the moment, it supports local vaults in read-only mode, so if you want to use 1Password 6, you should sign up for 1Password Families account and then migrate your data.

Also, the state of browser plugin support on 1 Password 6 for Families under Windows 10 is unclear. Are the working plugins for 1 Password 6 on Windows 10 for Chrome, Firefox, IE, and Edge?

There are 1Password 6 extensions for Chrome and Firefox, but Internet Explorer is not supported. Since IE 11 is the last release, we have no plans to support it and are working closely with Microsoft to bring 1Password extension to Edge.

Once you sign up for your account, you will get 30 days trial to see if 1Password 6 and 1Password Families suit your needs. Please reach out to us anytime if you have questions or feedback about 1Password on Windows, we are always here for you.

I hope it helps. Happy New Year to you and your family! :)

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.