To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

I'm can't find the QR to sign into 1Password on my iPhone. I never got an emergency kit.

Options
ann_abel
ann_abel
Community Member
edited January 2017 in Memberships

I recently accidentally restored my iPhone to a backup from a couple years ago and as a result, I lost my 1Password and had to reinstall the app. I can't sign in to it. It keeps asking for a QR code that I don't have. I've tried all the trouble shooting steps on your website. The app works perfectly on my Macbook Air, but when I go into preferences to try to find it there, it shows that I don't have an account. If I try to add my account, it tells me to find a QR code on my phone. If I try to log on the website to fix this, it asks for an account key in order to sign in, but then tells me I have to sign in first in order to find the account key. I feel like I'm just going in circles. I saved all my emails about licenses and receipts but I don't have an emergency kit or an email about one. There's no way I would have not saved it. I believe I never got one.

Can I get my account key or QR code from AgileBits so I can go back to fully using this service that I am paying for?

1Password Version: 6.5.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.6
Sync Type: wifi
Referrer: forum-search:I can't find the QR code to log in from my phone

Comments

• Hi @ann_abel - Thank you for reaching out to us and I apologize for the confusion. Yes, the QR Code pertains to customers that have signed up for one of our 1Password.com accounts. When you open 1Password on your iPhone, from the welcome screen you want to choose a sync source listed under "Used 1Password before". Select the same sync source you were using previously - iCloud or Dropbox then your data should sync over to your iPhone. Again, my apologies and keep me posted if that worked for you or if you have any additional questions. Have a fantastic day!

• ann_abel
    ann_abel
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you. I do have a 1Password account (at least I pay for one), so I'm curious about why that happened. But nevertheless, connecting and syncing it with iCloud did the trick.

• @ann_abel On behalf of Frank, you're welcome. I’m sorry for the confusion about an account though. We recently introduced a 1Password subscription service, which has automatic sync between your devices, access to 1Password anywhere, and an account to access everything. Since you purchased 1Password a while back, you didn't get an account with the new service.

You can create one to get the benefits accounts include, or you can keep using 1Password as you always have. Learn more about the difference between a subscription account and standalone license: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/68576/the-difference-between-a-1password-com-account-and-standalone-license

Hope that helps!

• Yanzi_Li
    Yanzi_Li
    Community Member
    edited February 2017
    Options

@Jacob @Frank , There is something wrong with my mac app 1 password. It continually shows me that failed to connect to mini. And restart the 1password app not worked. Then I reinstalled 1 password. And now I can't login to my account. The tips show me that in my iOS app account has a QR code. But I checked my iPhone app it doesn't have the QR code. And I can't use iCloud to make it work because there is something wrong with my iCloud. So is there any way I can sign in my mac 1Password app? Can you help me on this? Thanks so much.

• Frank
    edited February 2017
    Options

Hi @Yanzi_Li - It sounds like you are possibly referring to the 1Password mini issue referenced here - https://support.1password.com/kb/201702/

When you reinstalled 1Password onto your Mac and try to unlock it, are you now experiencing an issue with your Master Password? To get a better understanding, can you send us over a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• Yanzi_Li
    Yanzi_Li
    Community Member
    Options

@Frank , Thanks so much for your reply. My issue that can not login into 1Password cuz i can't found a QR code in my phone app was fixed just now. Cuz i found another way that scanning from computer did the trick. Thanks again.

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Yanzi_Li I'm happy to hear you found a way to resolve the issue! Let us know if you need anything else! :)

This discussion has been closed.