WWhy do i have no toolbar with tabs for options create new files etc

Options

I hqve a surface pro 4 running windows 10. When I open 1password 6—it has no toolbars. No file, edit, bacckup etc tabs can only add new items--i cant add new vaults etc.
Whereas what I see on your help website shows these tabs --file, edit, bacckup etc—what is wrong –is it because I have the trial version. I have signed up for the subscription service, but it says I don’t have to pay till the end of jan 17—is this the problem????
k have a similar issue with my iphone 7

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: windows 10
Sync Type: ?

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@123kevinoconnorkoa: It sounds like you're using the new 1Password 6 Windows desktop app but looking at the 1Password 4 documentation. 1Password 4 is an older, more mature Win32 app which uses all of the menus you're describing, but 1Password 6 is a modern app. Similarly, 1Password for iOS, like other iOS apps, doesn't use a menuing system.

You mentioned backups, so I did want to point out that backups are done automatically on the server when you using the 1Password.com subscription service, so that is't something you need to worry about. if you login to 1Password.com, you can even restore previous versions of items if you want to revert a change you made. Similarly, vaults can be created and managed in the web interface. I don't think we'll be adding toolbars or tabs to either app though.

It sounds like you're on the free trial for 1Password.com, so be sure to give it a good test drive and let us know if you have questions about anything else. We're here for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.