How to completely close 1P4 to open 1P6 and vice versa (Windows version)

Options

Both versions (1P4 and 1P6) are installed and working on my PC but I can't find the discussion where it was explained how to completely close 1P4 so that we can open 1P6. I think there's some process to shut down. There's also something about restarting 1password Helper when we go from 1P6 to 1P4.

Q#1 - Please provide the steps to close 1P4 and steps to open 1P6.
Q#2 - Also provide the steps to close 1P6 and steps to open 1P4.
Q#3 - Did you release a beta version of 1P6 Windows standalone yet?

Thanks,

1Password Version: 4.6.1.617
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Local sync

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Leboyf: Sure! No problem!

1. Open Task Manager and kill Agile1PAgent.exe / "1Password (32-bit)" (which is for version 4)
    2. Open 1Password 6 and use it with your browser (you may need to authorize the connection)
    3. Quit 1Password 6 from the notification icon
    4. Open 1Password 4 and go to Help > Restart 1Password Helper
    5. Use 1Password 4 with your browser (you may need to authorize the connection)
    6. Repeat

Personally, as i've been using 1Password 6 more and more, I've found that i prefer to just disable 1Password 4 from running automatically at all, and I just restart the Helper when I need it.

We won't be releasing a separate "standalone" (license) version of 1Password 6; rather, we're working to add full local vault support there so that it's suitable for everyone to use. We don't have a public beta for that yet, but if you opt-in under Settings > Options > Updates, you'll be among the first to get it once it's available. Cheers! :)

• Leboyf
    Leboyf
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks brenty!

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Leboyf: On behalf of Brenty you are very welcome! :+1:

Feel free to get in touch with us anytime. Thank you!

++
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.