Documents (PDF) won't upload to the 1Password App on Windows 10 or on the web

Options

Hi,
I have been trying for days to upload documents to my 1Password account via the app for Windows 10 and the web application - neither works. The app either doesn't respond or gives me an error message, same with the web application.
Pleas advise.

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Cannot upload documents to 1Password via Windows 10 or the App

Comments

• Hi @biancaregina,

Thanks for reaching out. Can you please tell us how big the file was? There's a size limit of 5 MB for uploading from within the app and 50 MB on the website.

Cheers,

Alex

• biancaregina
    biancaregina
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @AlexHoffmann
    they were between 13 and 21 MB in size.

• biancaregina
    biancaregina
    Community Member
    Options

@AlexHoffmann - on the website, it just tells me every time "unable to upload document"

• Hi!

Can you please tell us which browser you're using?

Cheers!

• biancaregina
    biancaregina
    Community Member
    Options

I am using Chrome

• Hi @biancaregina,

Before we proceed, let's start with a simple image file first that we know works for sure.

1. Can you download your forum avatar here: https://us.v-cdn.net/5020219/uploads/userpics/120/nZBIHAWAGTOTE.png
    2. Does uploading this file works in both the Windows and 1Password.com web apps?
  • biancaregina
    biancaregina
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @MikeT
    that works for the the app and website

• Hi @biancaregina,

Thanks for trying that, that at least narrows it down to the files you're uploading. I'm going to assume they're not files that is available to the public, right?

Can you now try this 4.6MB PDF file I've created here: https://com-agilebits-users.s3.amazonaws.com/mike/pdftest-1.pdf

See if it uploads via both apps.

Thanks!

• biancaregina
    biancaregina
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @MikeT
    I was able to upload the many cats to the app, but not the web application.
    The PDF files I tried to upload are scans of letters that I made using CamScanner on my phone - never had any problems with that before.
    Best,
    BR

• Hi @biancaregina,

Thanks for letting us know about this. I think it's time to dig even deeper.

I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Windows PC:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• Addendum

Since this is an issue on the site as well, let’s enable some tools in Chrome to get a bit more info about what’s happening here.

In Chrome, click the menu in the top right of the window with three lines as the icon. Choose More Tools, then choose Developer Tools. Click Console in the top bar, then try uploading the PDF Mike supplied. When it fails, go back to the Console and copy and paste the contents of that, or take a screenshot. Attach it to the same email you send the 1Password for Windows diagnostics report with.

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.