I get this error: "item has restricted permissions or is from an unsupported local vault"

Options

I have recently switched from mac to pc. I keep getting the above error. I use dropbox to sync. I am unable to edit existing entries or create new ones. Need help ASAP. Thanks

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: waiting for edge
OS Version: windows 10
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:item has restricted permissions

Comments

• MikeT
    edited January 2017
    Options

Hi @ebruno40,

Thanks for writing in.

That is not an error, 1Password 6 doesn't support local vaults at the moment which is what you're using via Dropbox. 1Password 6 for Windows is limited to 1Password.com customers with a future update coming to enable local vaults.

You'd want to use 1Password 4 instead, you can find it here: https://agilebits.com/downloads

• Editguy
    Editguy
    Community Member
    Options

So has this been fixed yet, because I'm getting it now.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Editguy: Could you please specify what version of 1Password you are using? Do you get this error in 1Password 4?

Thanks!

• Editguy
    Editguy
    Community Member
    Options

Version 6. The little Update window popped up the other day and I automatically clicked it.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Editguy:

If you are using a local vault, please download 1Password 4 for Windows, because 1Password 6 is focused on our 1Password.com accounts and does not support local vaults.

The manual syncing for vaults in Dropbox in the previous versions of 1Password 6 were added specifically for migrating your local vaults into 1Password.com account without having to install the Dropbox client first. We've gotten rid of this because people thought this meant local vaults were supported but it wasn't. 1Password 6 should not be used full time with local vaults. The support for local vaults is coming back in 1Password 7 for Windows and we announced it in our blog.

Please let me know if it helps. Thanks!

++
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.