Authenticator Function Missing (Familie / Humble Bundle Version)

Options
Storm9987
Storm9987
Community Member
edited January 2017 in 1Password 4 for Windows

So I followed this guide https://support.1password.com/one-time-passwords/ but didn't have the QR-Code Icon, when i select " One-Time Password."

1Password Version: 6.2.333d
Extension Version: 4.6.2.90 (Chrome Version 55.0.2883.87 m (64-bit)=
_OS Version:
Windows 10 1607 (Build 14393.576
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AlexHoffmann
    edited January 2017
    Options

Hi @Storm9987,

Thanks for contacting us. We're sorry for the confusion the process is causing.
    It works slightly differently in 1Password 6 at the moment, as the app doesn't yet have the QR code scanner.

To add the Time-based One Time Password to 1Password 6, you will have to copy the secret that a site gives you, paste it into the custom field that you create and set to the One-Time Password type in the item editor, save the item, and then grab the code that it displays.

Again, we're sorry for the confusion and inconvenience.

Let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Cheers,

Alex

• Storm9987
    Storm9987
    Community Member
    Options

This works so far, that i get a Code, but the website (Amazon in this case) says, that the code is wrong.
    I have Time and Date and Timezone on Windows 10 set to automatically chosen as statet in the help article i mentioned earlier.
    I also tried to make a complete new login with only the Authenticator Function to test it, but it also says, that the code is wrong.

• Storm9987
    Storm9987
    Community Member
    Options

Update. It did work, but not with using the link. I used instead the code amazon is displaying if the scanning of the QR-Code doesn't work.

• Hi @Storm9987,

Thanks for writing back. We apologize for the confusion, it its the secret you must copy from the site, not the URL of the site. I've updated Alex's post to correct that incorrect information.

We will add a barcode scanner in a future update to simplify this.

This discussion has been closed.