1Password Chrome extension

Options

For a while now two things have been happening that have been annoying. I'm finally breaking down to post about them.

1) When I log into 1Password using the Chrome extension the login opens in a new tab. After I've logged in, I have to close that new tab and switch back to the original tab (where the login occurs) and click the 1Password extension again. Can't the extension keep me on that original tab?

2) Frequently I have to log in 3-5 times before I'm able to log in to the 1Password extension. Why is that happening?

Thank you.

1Password Version: 4.6.1.617
Extension Version: 4.6.2.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @frosty,

Thanks for writing in with your feedback, we appreciate it.
    The 1Password browser extension should only open a login on a new page if the login form isn't actually on the page you're on.
    If the login form is present, clicking the login item the extension suggests should fill the information on the existing page.

What do you mean by

Frequently I have to log in 3-5 times before I'm able to log in to the 1Password extension. Why is that happening?

Is the master password being rejected?

Cheers,

Alex

• frosty
    frosty
    Community Member
    Options

The 1Password browser extension should only open a login on a new page
    if the login form isn't actually on the page you're on.
    If the login form is present, clicking the login item the extension suggests
    should fill the information on the existing page.

That's not what's happening. As soon as I click the 1Password extension, a new tab opens and there's a pause while it tries to find the helper.

Is the master password being rejected?

It shouldn't be. I know that I'm typing in the right password. This behavior is consistent, so perhaps there's a disconnect somewhere along the line. The older version of the Chrome extension that I was using worked flawlessly. In comparison, this version has been frustrating.

What should I do to troubleshoot this?

• Hi @frosty,

That's not what's happening. As soon as I click the 1Password extension, a new tab opens and there's a pause while it tries to find the helper.

Ok, that explains the problem. That happens as the last resort when 1Password extension cannot find 1Password Helper, so it opens a new tab to a specific welcome page that will trigger an open call to bring up the main 1Password program for you to unlock. The same page is also used for our authorization process where it shows the 6-digit code that needs to match in 1Password.

What should I do to troubleshoot this?

Please use this guide to generate the 1Password diagnostic report and email it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• frosty
    frosty
    Community Member
    Options

Done. Please let me know what to try next.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@frosty: Thanks! I see that we've received your email, so we can continue the conversation there. We'll take a look at the diagnostics and get back to you shortly! :)

ref: SHQ-52888-193

• frosty
    frosty
    Community Member
    Options

Perfect, thanks.

• You're welcome, you should see a reply from our team now to your email.

• frosty
    frosty
    Community Member
    Options

I do, thanks. I'll answer the email.

• Great, let's move the conversation there.

This discussion has been closed.