1Password 6 for Windows 10 is installed but does not open

Options

I have already uninstalled and reinstalled the app, but no chance. The app shows up under the apps& features section. Furthermore, the browser extension for firefox is not working any longer. What do I need to do?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1password 6 app for windows 10 does not open

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @Sebastiankarban,

Thanks for writing in. Let's launch 1Password on your PC first and then proceed to Firefox extension.

Could you please do the following:

1. Open Windows File Explorer and enter the following in the address bar: %LOCALAPPDATA%\1Password
    2. Rename data folder to "old-data".
    3. Open 1Password 6.

Please give this a try and let us know how it goes. Thank you!

Best,
    Greg

• Sebastiankarban
    Sebastiankarban
    Community Member
    Options

Dear Greag,
    I did as you told me. No effect..

Kind regards
    Sebastian

• Hi @Sebastiankarban,

It sounds like 1Password might be crashing on your computer due to an external factor. Can you do the following to send us your crash reports.

1. Click on Start Menu, search for Event Viewer and open it
    2. On the left sidebar, expand Custom Views on the top and then click on Administrative Events
    3. Reproduce the issue with 1Password
    4. Go back to the Event Viewer, right-click on the list to refresh. You should see errors from the source .NET Runtime. Right-click on the error to select Copy > Copy Details as text.
    5. Paste it into a new text file with NotePad, save it and attach it to an email, send that email to us at support+windows@agilebits.com along with your forum username and the link to this thread, so we can connect the dots.

Please let us know here when you sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• mellooney
    mellooney
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same issue. I just installed 1password 6.5.401 and changed the data folder to "old_data" and uninstalled and reinstalled. It crashes on opening. I've sending the event (.net runtime event) to support email and hope to have it resolved soon.

• mellooney
    mellooney
    Community Member
    Options

It's working now. I didn't do anything since the last post except email support, but it's working now.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2017
    Options

Hi there @mellooney,

Thank you for keeping us posted! I am glad to hear that the issue has resolved itself. :chuffed:

Please feel free to reach out to us anytime, if it happens again. Thank you!

Cheers,
    Greg

ref: TWE-47232-157

This discussion has been closed.