1Password 6 - Cannot login

Options
robertwebb
robertwebb
Community Member
edited January 2017 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hi,

I've installed 1Password 6 on my Windows PC at work but am unable to login to my account. The error messages in the 1Password event log are as follows:

First Error

AgileBits.OnePassword.Framework.HttpConnection
HTTP GET https://.1password.com/api/v1/auth///- with error 0x80131500

System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: An error occurred while sending the request. ---> System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 104.16.71.78:443
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.EndConnect(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Exception& exception)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
at System.Net.Http.HttpClientHandler.GetResponseCallback(IAsyncResult ar)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter`1.GetResult()
at AgileBits.OnePassword.Framework.HttpConnection.d__12.MoveNext() in C:\code\onepassword-rt\AgileBits.OnePassword.Shared\Framework\HttpConnection.cs:line 56

Second Error

TeamAccount:1
Failed to lookup!

Any ideas what the problem is? The IP address of the target machine resolves to Cloudflare, so I guess they're blocking me for some reason? Something to do with the way my employer has configured internet access here in the office?

Thanks

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 7 Enterprise
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 104.16.71.78:443

Comments

• MikeT
    edited January 2017
    Options

Hi @robertwebb,

Thanks for writing in.

It may not be Cloudflare blocking you but your work network is rejecting it on the way in or out.

Does your company use a proxy, VPN, or a firewall that could be blocking access to 1Password.com web site? It may work fine for the web browsers but Windows might not be telling the 1Password app the correct route to the network.

• robertwebb
    robertwebb
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

Yeah, I think you're right - I reckon it's being blocked at my end. I'll look into it tomorrow.

Thanks for the response.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Any time! Be sure to let us know what you find. We're here for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.