Create local/offline vault in Windows version

Options

We have 1Password Teams and some of our users don't want to store their personal data in the personal vault which comes with Teams as they may lose the data if they leave the company / get laid off. I found the option to create a local/offline account in the Mac version of 1Password but not in the Windows Version. How can Windows users create a local/offline vault?
Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @cbartels,

Thanks for writing in.

At the moment, 1Password 6 for Windows does not support local vaults, it can read existing vaults but it cannot let you create new ones nor modify them. We do plan to add support for this in a future update but no timeframe on this.

For now, your users can install 1Password 4 alongside 1Password 6 to create the local vaults and use it to modify the data. If they need to use the extension, this guide will help ensure the browser extensions can switch to the 1Password 6 when needed: https://support.1password.com/cs/use-both-windows-versions/

• andyhollin
    andyhollin
    Community Member
    Options

Are there any updates available on when this might be coming? This lack of functionality makes it hard for me to recommend 1Password to colleagues.

• @andyhollin: This will be coming in 1Password 7 for Windows, which is currently in development. I don't have an ETA on its release just yet, but it's in the works. :+1:

This discussion has been closed.