Weddingwire.com requires repeated logins

Options

Wedding planning brings all sorts challenges - even for the father of the bride
Windows 7 running Chrome, with a 1password extension installed.
Days previous, logging into weddingwire.com then selecting guest list, showed the guest list.
Today logging into weddingwire.com then selecting guest list, shows the login screen.
Using the Chrome cleanup tool makes the problem go away.
Reinstalling the Chrome 1password extension, reinstates the problem.
1password updated, no behavior change.
No further testing performed.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Milton Bliss: I'm not sure I understand how this is related to 1Password. The website itself manages your login state; 1Password won't have any control over how often you're required to login. Usually this is managed with cookies. I may be misunderstanding though. Can you give me the exact steps to reproduce this, and the OS, 1Password, browser, and extension versions you're using?

• Milton Bliss
    Milton Bliss
    Community Member
    Options

It is related to 1password in that when the extension is removed from Chrome the site works. When the extension is attached to Chrome the site fails. I'll get you the details in 12 hours.

• Hi @Milton Bliss,

Please do, we need to know more about the problem.

By the way, can you confirm if you don't use the 1Password extension but simply copy/paste the data for the site's login page, does it work fine? In the words, does the problem start because of 1Password's filling?

• Milton Bliss
    Milton Bliss
    Community Member
    Options

Interestingly we are not observing 1password actually doing any filling. Which raises the question how could it possibly being causing problems.

• MikeT
    edited January 2017
    Options

Hi @Milton Bliss,

That's why we're confused as well. 1Password does inject its content scripts into each site, in order to monitor for password changes and to auto-save if it detects an event where you're submitting a login form with username/password that doesn't exist in your 1Password database. However, that only happens when you submit something, not passively.

I am wondering if there's something unique with the guest list that's causing this conflict. We don't have valid accounts to test, so does it happen as soon as you get to the guest list?

This discussion has been closed.