1Password Helper Issue - Windows 10

Options
TehNevs
TehNevs
Community Member
edited January 2017 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I am having an issue with the 1Password extension for Chrome. Anytime I open the browser and click the 1Password icon the following occurs:

1. A message stating "Looking for 1Password Helper"
    2.A prompt to try again
    3.Upon selecting "try again", sometimes the extension loads, and 1Password (application) opens. Sometimes this does not work.
    4.If the extension loads, I can then close the 1Password application and use the 1Password extension as normal.

My questions are:
1.) Why is 1Password helper not loading on the first click?
2.) Why does the application need to open every time on the initial run? Before I updated to the subscription model and was using the older version of 1Password for Windows, the application never had to open in order for the extension to work. I was able to just login through the extension.

The other add-ons I am running on Chrome include:
1.) uBlock Origin
2.) Toolkit for YNAB

Could either of these be affecting this extension?

I've attempted to do the following (without resolving the issue):
1.) Reinstall 1Password for Windows 10

1Password Version: 6.2.333d
Extension Version: 4.6.2.90
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro, OS Build 14393.576
Sync Type: 1Password Account

Comments

• Hi @TehNevs,

Thanks for writing in.

Can you check to see if 1Password is configured to auto-start upon reboots? It sounds like it is not, which is why you're seeing the main 1Password app opens up when you click on the 1Password icon in the browser, 1Password wasn't running when you after you start up the computer.

Try this:

1. Open the main 1Password app, unlock, and go to Settings (gear icon) on top right to select Options
    2. In General, check the box next to Start 1Password automatically when I sign in to Windows

Now see if it works the next time you boot up the computer.

This discussion has been closed.