how do stop the screen going black when you login? it used to just open a dialogue box

Options

May seem a small point, but as a I use two large screens to design every time I login they go black and I find it very depressing! they used to just show the dialogue box?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:how do stop the screen going black when you login? it used to just open a dialogue box

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@CMSUK: Unfortunately without some basic information you left out of your post, it's hard to say for certain! Please tell me the OS, 1Password, and device versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action:

Find your version

The more information you can give, the better. For instance, are you referring to the Secure Desktop feature in 1Password 4? This doesn't work with all PCs, so it's disabled by default, and you can turn it off in Preferences > Browsers. Let me know what you find!

• CMSUK
    CMSUK
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the prompt reply, I am on a PC windows 10pro 64bit, operate with 2 browsers Chrome and Firefox latest versions. 1Password 4.6.1.617. When clicking the browser icon for one password the desktop goes black and the login dialogue box appears. What used to happen was the dialogue box displayed only. Chris

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@CMSUK: Right. That sounds like something ("security" software?) is interfering with Windows creating the Secure Desktop on your system. Did you try disabling it like I suggested? Let me know if that helps.

• CMSUK
    CMSUK
    Community Member
    Options

Brenty, sorry didn't quite get that - all sorted - solved my depression - many thanks, Chris

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That's great! I'm sorry if I wasn't clear enough in the first place. Anyway, you are most welcome! Let me know if there's anything else I can help with. Cheers! :)

• CMSUK
    CMSUK
    Community Member
    Options

There is another item, on my second PC the Firefox extension wont load, has the warning "has a connection failure" I remember this happening before and I cant remember the fix, downloaded the file manually and dragged it somewhere to load? if that makes sense.
    Chris

• Hey @CMSUK.

Now that definitely sounds like anti-malware software doing something it's not supposed to. Here's a workaround: If you can't install the 1Password extension on your Windows PC

Please let us know if this solved your problem, or if there's anything else we can help you with.

Cheers,

Alex

• CMSUK
    CMSUK
    Community Member
    Options

Alex thanks for the info, I use eset anti virus NOD32, so have treid to drag the 4.6.1 download into the extensions folder as per your guide, but this says "it appears to be corrupt".
    Chris

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@CMSUK: Thank you for the reply!

Have you added the certificate to a list of known certificates in ESET?

It is also worth to try to download Firefox extension via different browser and then drag and drop the extension file on Firefox window to install it.

Please keep us updated on how things progress on your side. Thank you!

++
    Greg

• CMSUK
    CMSUK
    Community Member
    Options

Greg, thanks I eventually found the certificates, and it works fine.
    Best

Chris

• That's great to hear, thanks for letting us know and on behalf of Greg, you're welcome.

This discussion has been closed.