Corrupted/encrypted data when viewing Shared vault entries in Windows app

Options

I signed up for a trial 1password account yesterday, downloaded the Windows app and populated Shared and Personal vaults with login details. I also created another vault that was stored on Dropbox. All data from Personal and Shared vaults sync'd to the online account correctly but on installing the Windows app on my second PC and signing in, records in the Personal vault appear correctly but whilst all Shared records appear, they are unintelligible and cannot be viewed when clicking on them i.e. they look like they are still encrypted.
I then installed the app for my Mac laptop, logged in, syncd the data and the Shared entries appear correctly in the Mac app. So it looks like there is an issue with the Windows app when synchronising. Have you seen this before?

1Password Version: 6.2.333
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: iPassword account
Referrer: forum-search:corrupted entries in Shared vault

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @MarcusDerby,

Thank you for reporting this! :+1:

This is strange that 1Password decrypts your Personal vault, but doesn't do that with a Shared one. Let's dig into this.

I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your second PC, where you have this issue:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Reports in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Thank you very much in advance!

++
    Greg

• MarcusDerby
    MarcusDerby
    Community Member
    Options

Came home and logged onto PC to discover entries from Shared vault are now displaying correctly!
    Have posted diagnostics report as requested. Number quoted in reply is LKB-37829-878

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@MarcusDerby: Thank you! We'll see if that provides some insight into how we can improve it. :)

ref: LKB-37829-878

This discussion has been closed.