One-click login to multiple sites

Options

Hello, been using 1Password for about 4 months now -- it is fantastic! It is now the primary way I use 'secure' web. Thank you

One feature I am missing is login into multiple websites with one click - ie open Slack, Basecamp, Mail, UXpin every morning. You currently allow me to click on the extension, find Slack for example and click --> this opens a new tab and logs me in. Ideally I can do the same clicking on a folder and it opens multiple tabs and logs me into multiple websites.

I know a similar issue has been discussed before (Auto-fill) and I understand why that is a no go. Would a one-click folder open trigger the same security issues given that it is only an extension of an already existing feature?

Thank you very much for a great product again!

PS: it would be great if you made version numbers copy-able on both app and extension given that you want them below.

1Password Version: 4.6.1.617
Extension Version: 4.6.2.90
OS Version: win10
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• Hi @skopo,

Thanks for writing in.

My suggestion is to bookmark the sites in a folder for the browser to open on each launch for you and then in each tab, press Control + \ to fill directly.

Would a one-click folder open trigger the same security issues given that it is only an extension of an already existing feature?

No, we could theoretically do this. The way this works is that when you click on the URL from the main 1Password app, it includes a special parameter at the end of the URL to inform the 1Password extension which item to fill. If you create a folder and include items in there, we can open them all with their unique URLs for the extension to fill the items. The question is, can the extension handle all at the same time, that's something we have to look at.

Thanks for letting us know this would be useful for you, we'll see if we can make it happen in the future.

PS: it would be great if you made version numbers copy-able on both app and extension given that you want them below.

We do agree, it's on our list to do. Thanks again!

This discussion has been closed.