Changes I make on 1 device not updating on others until I "Open 1Password Vault"

Options

Everything had been working fine for years -- Until, today, when I made some changes to the messed-up file structure in the 1Password folder in Dropbox. Now, changes I make on 1 device are not updating on others until I "Open 1Password Vault" on the other devices. I can see that Dropbox is updating, but I have to Open 1Password Vault to make it update.

Also, now when I open 1Password it's not asking for the Master Password until I "Open 1Password Vault."

Can you help me fix this?
Thank you,
Greg

Comments

• Hi @glundeen,

Thanks for writing in and we'd love to help you with this.

when I made some changes to the messed-up file structure in the 1Password folder in Dropbox.

Can you clarify what happened here, what was messed up?

Now, changes I make on 1 device are not updating on others until I "Open 1Password Vault" on the other devices. I can see that Dropbox is updating, but I have to Open 1Password Vault to make it update.

On that specific device, can you open the main 1Password app and go to the File Menu > Repair 1Password Vault. Try making a change and see if it is pushing any changes.

If not, please use this guide to generate the 1Password diagnostic report and email it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• glundeen
    glundeen
    Community Member
    Options

To clarify what was messed up: I had two 1Password.agilekeychain (one nested in the other). So I experimented on how to delete the one that was not being used and deleted it as well as any other extra folders I could see. Obviously, I did something wrong to cause the problem.

I tried the Repair 1Password Vault - no help.

I just sent the diag. report now.

Thanks,
    Greg

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@glundeen: Ah, thank you! It sounds like you were trying to clean things up, and moved things around enough that 1Password cannot open the vault automatically anymore from the location it was previously.

I'll make a suggestion here that should allow you to get back up and running right away while we examine the diagnostics to see if there's anything else that needs to be addressed:

1. Drag any OPVault or AgileKeychain vaults in Dropbox to your Desktop
    2. Open 1Password and go to File > New 1Password Vault
    3. Save it to your preferred location in Dropbox (perhaps the same as you were using previously) and set it up with your preferred Master Password
    4. Go to Backup > Restore 1Password Vault from Backup and select one from before you moved things around
    5. Verify that you have all of your data where your expect it, and then setup sync again with your other devices (if necessary)

That should give you a clean vault with the contents from a backup. And, worst case, you still have it/them on your Desktop. I'll get back to you via email shortly as well, in case there's anything further we need to sort out more privately. :)

This discussion has been closed.